Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Broadband Package

Options
  • 20-05-2008 5:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭

I've a disconnected phone line in my house and as of yet there is no wireless internet available in my area so i'm considering getting the phone line connected and getting broadband.

Can anyone recommend a broadband provider preferably a package that includes line rental as I will not be using the phone line for anything else other than the internet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

which county you in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Vas_Guy

which county you in

Roscommon

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Can anyone recommend a broadband provider preferably a package that includes line rental as I will not be using the phone line for anything else other than the internet.

Since most packages have good phone rates, why would you not use the phone line. It might not be worth paying the rental for these rates, but if they thing was there why wouldn't you use it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Vas_Guy

ardmacha wrote: »
    Since most packages have good phone rates, why would you not use the phone line. It might not be worth paying the rental for these rates, but if they thing was there why wouldn't you use it.

i know some packages come with good call deals, I'm really interested in a package with line rental and broadband included in a bundle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

BT are the only ones discounting the line rental price. All the others charge full line rental. The broadband price varies from one to the other, and most list the bundled call and broadband prices. Check out the websites of BT, UTV, Perlico, Imagine, IBB, Digiweb, etc and see who has the best price. It may take a bit of digging to see the broadband only costs, as usually calls are included. Speeds will be pretty much the same for all, contention can vary as will the caps.
    ardmacha wrote: »

I have a phone that I don't use. Just because it's there, doesn't mean you'll use it. If you don't want to call anyone, then paying for bundled calls is a waste.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 pendude

http://www.getbroadband.ie/broadband_deals.php
    choose wisely!
    i`ve perlico phone line and digiweb broadband, but im disconecting digiweb because i can get perlico twice the speed/traffic for the same price!

edit : fcuk perlico broadband! ill search for something else!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

If your considering a Perlico deal check this thread

Advertisement