Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a phone unlocked

Options
  • 20-05-2008 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

I'm going abroad this summer, and while I'm away I'll be getting a different sim card. I was told I'd need to get my phone unlocked, does anyone know somewhere in town that does this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,959 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Depending on the type of phone they might be able to help you out in the Mobiles/PDA forum:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=304061

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

you can just ring the network your on and see if you can unlock your phone. they usually do it if you have spent more than 100e on credit or something like that. tell them that the company work for use a different network and you need the phone unlocked to use the sim card usually works for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭alancork

There's a shop on North Main Street that does it, can't remember the name now, its down past the pet shop on the right, its like a small pound/euro type shop.. Fairly expensive though, thinks its €30/35.

And last time I went in there, there was a cat wandering around the place.. strange place..:eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I stop in there regularly to pet that cat :pac::cool: he/she struts around like they own the place :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 cpcs

Yes I do it!

What kind of phone is it?, where are you located?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭dapto1

It's a Nokia 2310. I'm actually in Kerry at the moment but I'll be in Cork on Thursday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭DEEP THROAT

dapto1 wrote: »
    It's a Nokia 2310. I'm actually in Kerry at the moment but I'll be in Cork on Thursday.

Try this website

http://www.gsmliberty.net/shop/nokia_unlock.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 cpcs

Yeah, if it's a 2310 you should have no hassle unlocking it, check out the site above or google "nokia calculator" and go onto one of the links there. What I have is a chip that you put by the sim card - it unlocks the sim, not the phone so it can be used in any phone, generally it's harder to unlock the higher end phones - E & N series so the chip's useful for those.

Advertisement