Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dog & Pony Show

Options
  • 20-05-2008 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭

basically, my summer project.
    I've been adding to a recording set-up all through the year and now have 4 months vacation to use it.
    I'll be adding demos in various stages of completion to www.myspace.com/demos2008

There's one up at the moment. Any comments and what have you welcome.

At some stage I might try and flesh out a band (that hopefully lasts longer than a month) and get some gigging done.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭raindog.promo

Wee set-back when my hard drive on the laptop failed and I lost a few rough sketches.
    New rough tune up. There should be a newer version of it in a day or two.

Things are starting to come together. Had to do a relearn of editing skills, programming, quantizing and all that. I now have 4 tunes up in various stages of completion at:
    www.myspace.com/demos2008
    I will be also getting in "guest vocalists" for some tunes in a month or so.
    I will also be getting "guest drummers"* in, but have to record them in a bigger recording facility than I have.

*that Gorilla from the Cadbury's ad.

Preliminary Mix of a tune called "Deep Sixing" now uploaded.

Far from the end result. Lots of things to be rerecorded.
    Uploaded to check the vocals which I'm in the middle of mixing but I reckon it's coming along.

Opinions, comments all welcome at www.myspace.com/demos2008

Quick note on the recordings:

Vocals provided by Lucy Gunning from Burma Shade.
    Vocals recorded by Damhan Nagle of Blackhorse Recordings and frequently seen on the Music Production thread of Boards.ie.

I'm also looking for a bass player for live jams if anyone's interested. Do get in touch.

Thanks,
    Dermot

Advertisement