Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

opinions of this diet

• 20-05-2008 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭

I have lost 20lbs in the last 2 months by doing some exercise and cutting out junk and beer but I want to get more specific with my diet so I was wondering what you think of the following plan.Please assume that the calories are ideal for me I want opinions more on the actual content, with this diet I will be training with weights 3 days a week and doing 30 mins of intense cardio inbetween the weights days, this diet is for fatloss

meal 1 6 eggwhites and 1 yolk omelette with lots of different veg thrown in

meal 2 1 scoop of whey protein,1 spoon of casein protein and 1 tbl spoon of udos oil blended up

meal 3 salmon fillet and broccoli

during my workout: sip whey isolate and dextrose mix 2:1 carbs to protein

Immediately postworkout:same mixture as during workout

meal4 lean steak and baked potato and mixed veg(get this as soon as I can after my workout)

meal 5 same as meal 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

I like it! Good for an interim period of fat loss. Fair play to you if you can stick to it, looks difficult.

Couple of very minor, general things.
    Don't be afraid of egg-yolks, vary the meat (chicken, lamb, alligator are good also), vary the veg, maybe incorporate nuts (not peanuts), cook with olive oil or coconut oil and not veg oil or sunflower oil etc. Fish oil is better than Udo's for the non-vegetarian (but don't cook with either!), you already get more than enough omega6 from the rest of your food, and the type of omega3 in fish oil is utilised about 5 times more efficiently.

If you're working out a lot, consider taking a magnesium supplement, you quite likely don't get nearly enough.
    during my workout: sip whey isolate and dextrose mix 2:1 carbs to protein
    I really don't understand the importance body builders seem to attach to eating while they work out.

Advertisement