Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TNA Slammiversary 2008

• 20-05-2008 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭

TNAWrestling.com
    On Sunday, June 8, 2008, TNA Wrestling celebrates six years of Total Nonstop Action with the annual "Slammiversary" Pay-Per-View from the Memphis Area! The epic event will feature the return of the King Of The Mountain match for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship and much more! All of your favorite TNA Wrestling superstars will appear, including Samoa Joe, Kurt Angle, Sting, AJ Styles, Scott Steiner, Christian Cage, Booker T, The Latin American Xchange, Team 3D and many more!

KING OF THE MOUNTAIN MATCH
    For The TNA World Heavyweight Title
    Samoa Joe vs. ?? vs. ?? vs. ?? vs. ??
    Qualifying Matches every Thursday on "iMPACT!"

JAY LETHAL AND SOCAL VAL GET MARRIED
    See them walk the aisle live on Pay-Per-View

TNA X DIVISION TITLE MATCH
    "Maple Leaf Muscle" Petey WIlliams (c) vs. Kaz

Ahh, the anniversary of TNA comes round again, Slammiversary has always been good and I love KOTM.

http://www.tnawrestling.com/content/view/763/84/

Above is the best of Slammiversary.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I'm trying to enjoy the Lethal/Dutt/So-cal Val story, but it reeks of WWE 89-91 so much.
    Although after watching last weeks Impact, i'm interested on how they're gonna use Dutt on this. Because he needs to get rid of that Guru gimmick in a bad way.

Pure heelage is the way to go for him.
    VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I have to say the face Sonjay pulled on Impact when Lethal popped the question was priceless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVwv1m2gXKg&feature=user

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭Takk

When will this be first shown on Bravo and when generally will it be repeated?

It will be shown on Wednesday June 11th at 9 PM-1 AM and it is generally repeated at the weekends roughly between 10 and 6, somewhere in that timeslot.

Maybe i'm being nostalgic, but in recent weeks, i thought it was Lethal that was gonna do the turn. So it'll be interesting to see the way this goes.

My gripe about this angle reeking of 89 WWE, is because I'm old enough in the sense that i was 13 when this angle was happening in WWE. And i cheered on Savage for the reason that he was in the right as Hogan was robbing his girlfriend and Savage called him on it, yet Savage still got booed. And i thought they were repeating this, especially when Val and Dutt came out of the Ladies room a few weeks ago.

Fun to watch again though :)
    VR!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

That's only on Bravo 2 though, isn't it?

Fozzy wrote: »
    That's only on Bravo 2 though, isn't it?

Beat me to it Foz, It should be clarified whereas Bravo screen Impact, It's Bravo 2 that show the PPVs the following Wednesday. So if you're an NTL customer, you're screwed. Find a Sky customer to record it for you. :)

VR!

On Bravo 2 yeah. That was a key bit of info wasn't it.

Updated Slammiversary Card:

For The TNA World Heavyweight Championship
    Samoa Joe vs. Robert Roode vs. Booker T vs. ?? vs. ??
    More qualifying matches next Thursday on "iMPACT!"

Qualification matches on next weeks Impact: Tomko vs. Christian Cage and Rhino vs. James Storm

See them walk the aisle live on Pay-Per-View - also featuring American Idol star Ace Young

Good to see Roode in such a high profile match.

Good to see Roode in such a high profile match.

Kaz, Eric Young and Chris Harris were all in high-profile matches (PPV main events) in the last year but in the end they meant nothing. I like Roode but I don't think that this will mean much for him

• Advertisement

Young is and forever will be comic relief and Kaz is a little lacking in the charisma department, same goes for Harris but I think Roode is a future World Champion and this type of match can only help him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Kaz might be lacking in charisma but his explosive move set and his look make up for it in my opinion. Him vs. Petey should be good. Surprised that they are giving Tomko vs. Christian away for free, that seems to me to be a decent upper midcard PPV fight

I doubt that Tomko and Christian will go beyond 10 minutes and I love Kaz, he got good matches out of Black Reign, that deserves the highest applaud.

Because I know someone will probably ask:

The Rules For King Of The Mountain:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSqi1kUZCHk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Because I know someone will probably ask:

The Rules For King Of The Mountain:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSqi1kUZCHk

Not a fan of those rules at all.

I just never understood why it had to be so complicated. Every year I lose track of who is "eligible" to climb the ladder

It always delivers as a match and thats all I care about.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

It always delivers as a match and thats all I care about.

It delivers alright :rolleyes:

rovert wrote: »
    It delivers alright :rolleyes:

I've copped it! I should have seen this a mile off...
    Bryan Alvarez, is that you?, i know you're mexican and all but um, you don't have to pay for these forums, it's only voluntary.

Allow me to transfer this into a language you might understand. OMG LOLZ~!~!~!~!~!~!

Sorry, couldn't resist.
    VR!

KOTM has always been a very entertaining match, just watch the previous three on tnawrestling.com or the link I posted earlier in this thread.

• Advertisement

Gotta agree with Machismo Fan. TNA put some of their best wrestlers in there and itr always delivers.

Next week on Impact:
    Kaz won a five man King of the Mountain match. The match also featured Chris Sabin, Johnny Devine, Jimmy Rave and Curry Man

What? They have this match once a year and then they completely kill the novelty of it a few days before they intend to have it

I've copped it! I should have seen this a mile off...
    Bryan Alvarez, is that you?, i know you're mexican and all but um, you don't have to pay for these forums, it's only voluntary.

Allow me to transfer this into a language you might understand. OMG LOLZ~!~!~!~!~!~!

Sorry, couldn't resist.
    VR!

Great job avoiding my original statement and not backing up your own.
    Fozzy wrote: »
    Next week on Impact:
    Kaz won a five man King of the Mountain match. The match also featured Chris Sabin, Johnny Devine, Jimmy Rave and Curry Man

What? They have this match once a year and then they completely kill the novelty of it a few days before they intend to have it

And you are surprised? It is not the first time TNA have done this.

Great job avoiding my original statement and not backing up your own.

And it took you two days to come up with that? Don't hurt yourself there, kid.
    VR!

And it took you two days to come up with that? Don't hurt yourself there, kid.
    VR!

I replied to Fozzy's statement and saw your comment. Back up what you say VR, how does KOTM deliver?

I replied to Fozzy's statement and saw your comment. Back up what you say VR, how does KOTM deliver?

I would love to, i really would.

But if you read again, you'll find that KOTM delivering wasn't my statement! It was Machismo Fan who said that.:)
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Not a fan of the KOTM bout at all. Last year was exciting, but the thing as a whole lacks a certain intensity, an intensity it could have from a serious one on one match, or the more sinister Elimination Chamber. This match reminds me of TNA's grim days in Nashville. The gimmick should be canned immediately. It won't be though, as much stick as Russo gets, Jeff Jarret is behind this one so it ain't going anywhere.

I would love to, i really would.

But if you read again, you'll find that KOTM delivering wasn't my statement! It was Machismo Fan who said that.:)
    VR!

Yet you rush to defend, okay?

Emmm... okay?
    Did i win? Do i go through to the next round?

VR!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Maybe i'm being nostalgic, but in recent weeks, i thought it was Lethal that was gonna do the turn. So it'll be interesting to see the way this goes.

My gripe about this angle reeking of 89 WWE, is because I'm old enough in the sense that i was 13 when this angle was happening in WWE. And i cheered on Savage for the reason that he was in the right as Hogan was robbing his girlfriend and Savage called him on it, yet Savage still got booed. And i thought they were repeating this, especially when Val and Dutt came out of the Ladies room a few weeks ago.

Fun to watch again though :)
    VR!

Hogan was well out of the picture by the time Savage and Liz got married though (Who knows, maybe TNA will hire Jake to plant a cobra in one of the presents again!), plus by Dutt's reaction I’d say he's the one to turn. (Maybe TNA are thinking more along the lines of Val Venis / Ryan Shamrock /Blue Meanie and it's actually Lethal that Dutt wants! He was certainly over the moon at Lockdown when Lethal won even though he had a chance to win the bloody belt himself!)

Emmm... okay?

You continue not to explain why you took offence to me questioning Machismo Fan's statement.

http://www.tnawrestling.com/component/option,com_wrapper/Itemid,52/

For The TNA World Heavyweight Championship
    Samoa Joe vs. Robert Roode vs. Booker T vs. Christian Cage vs. Rhino
    Special Enforcer: Kevin Nash

TNA GRUDGE MATCH
    "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles vs. Olympic Gold Medalist Kurt Angle

TNA TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
    The Latin American Xchange vs. Team 3D

See them walk the aisle live on Pay-Per-View - also featuring American Idol star Ace Young

AJ vs. Angle, match of the year anyone? It seems Abyss will return at Slammiversary too.

TNA: Abyss Is Coming Home In 10 Days!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSUlXbp_fkU&feature=user

I don't see how on Earth Kurt will be 100% for this match. They should have just put on Tomko vs. AJ and kept the kurt bout until the next PPV

Bubs101 wrote: »
    I don't see how on Earth Kurt will be 100% for this match. They should have just put on Tomko vs. AJ and kept the kurt bout until the next PPV

It will probably be an angle rather than an actual match.

Bubs101 wrote: »

This is Kurt Angle, a man who got lego brick surgery after Wrestlemania XIX and came back weeks later. Trust me, he'll find a way. :)

VR!

• Advertisement

This is Kurt Angle, a man who got lego brick surgery after Wrestlemania XIX and came back weeks later. Trust me, he'll find a way. :)

VR!

What is his brother doing nowadays?

What is his brother doing nowadays?

Which one? He has several!
    VR!

Which one? He has several!
    VR!

Eric you know the former wrestler.

Not exactly Mr Current Affairs are ya rovert? ;)
    Eric retired in 2003, he got injured, recovered and then retired.

VR!

Not exactly Mr Current Affairs are ya rovert? ;)
    Eric retired in 2003, he got injured, recovered and then retired.

VR!

~!

• Advertisement

Eric was pretty poor if I recall correctly. But then, he was always going going to compared to Kurt, the best wrestler of the last ten years.

If Angle is only 50% fighting fit in this match, it'll be stellar.

~!

Real insightful pal, maybe go back to F4W where they all speak that kinda sh*t.
    Sorry, but i left my dumbsh*t to english dictionary in the car.

VR!

THE JUNE 3 SPIN CYCLE SLAMMIVERSARY SPECIAL
    http://www.tnawrestling.com/content/view/802/84/

TNAwrestling.com:
    WRESTLING LEGENDS TO ATTEND SUNDAY'S WEDDING AT SLAMMIVERSARY
    By Bill Banks

There are some big guests that will be attending this Sunday's wedding between "Black Machismo" Jay Lethal and SoCal Val!

TNAwrestling.com has learned that wrestling legends Kamala, Koko B. Ware, Jake "The Snake" Roberts and George "The Animal" Steele will all be at Slammiversary to celebrate the matrimony between Jay and Val!

According to our sources, Lethal has asked all of the legends to serve as his groomsmen for the wedding!

American Idol star Ace Young will also be a part of the ceremony, as will Sonjay Dutt who is Lethal's Best Man.

Interesting choices, I would have thought Savage would be ideal.

Savage could easily be offended by the whole thing

TNAwrestling.com:

Interesting choices, I would have thought Savage would be ideal.

He also would have demanded a much higher price tag, and likely wouldn't draw enough to cover it. I remember he was set to headline the WWA's Revolution PPV in a match against Jeff Jarret in Las Vegas in '02, but on the day demanded a whopping 250,000 pay-cheque to wrestle the match. Furthermore, he would have totally overshadowed Lethal.

So did anybody else watch it?
    I thought the opener was a good match with a very good finish. Like Abyss' new attire.

Tag match was a bit dissapointing for me, mainly because I knew the winner before hand. Good idea for the finish again though.

Skipped the womens match and most of the wedding until the sudden, but inevitable betrayal by Sonjay. Thought for a second Lethal was going to make the heel turn with his reaction which would have been a nice swerve

Really enjoyed AJ vs. Angle and thought they limited the inevitable role of both Tomko and Karen really well. Nice to see Angle put AJ over nice and cleanish

As for the KOTM, was a little dissapointed. For one, didn't want Joe to retain, secondly, thought it was bereft of any decent big spots decent PPV overall

Real insightful pal, maybe go back to F4W where they all speak that kinda sh*t.
    Sorry, but i left my dumbsh*t to english dictionary in the car.

VR!

Says the man who didnt understand what the word former meant.

Thought it was a highly enjoyable PPV, lots of variety, the best TNA PPV this year after Lockdown.

The opener was an excellent return to form by the X-Division. Serious, innovative and fought at a furious pace, this match stands-out even more for the heart-stopping near-falls towards the end. White-hot.

The womens six-way was fun. Loving how the Beautiful People angle is developing.

The tag title bout was more fun with a fresh finish.

The Awesome Kong challenge was hard-hitting and entertaining.

Though not the classic they will have, Angle/AJ judged on its own merit was 4 stars. Great match.

The main event was suffering a little from MITB syndrome spots-wise, but was expertly booked and told a decent story. Exciting main event.

Advertisement