Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Odd Spare Part Request

• 20-05-2008 8:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭

I have a problem in the bathroom of my motorhome. The door under the sink is missing one of the rotating lugs that holds it onto the vanity unity and acts as a a kind of hinge. This means the door falls off from time to time while driving (the top lug holds it in most of the time). The press is useful, but without the door it's a bit pointless.

Does anyone know where such a small item can be sourced? It is basically a solid plastic pole, about the thickness of a straw, with a fixed disk of plastic halfway down it to act as a kind of washer to stop the lug falling inside the unit.

Ta

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Is it a plastic or timber door and do you have a picture of it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭zoltar_boi

Hi Stapeler,

It's a plastic unit. White with a lovely yellow door!

These are a few shots of the part. The top one is still in place, and the bottom "hinge" is broken off where it goes into the housing of the unit. I'll need to drill out the old one if I get a new one I guess.

Thanks

5mn3kf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

No idea where to get such a bit ...but that looks like nothing that two bits of suitably sized plastic waste and some superglue wouldn't fix :D

(something to whittle at when it's raining outside :D)

Thanks peasant - I have considered that - but my idea of "whittling" was going to involve a router, a table vice and several days in the emergency ward!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

You could modify a bolt, a couple of washers and nuts to make something up. Also consider those white plastic nuts/bolts available from plumbing/hardware shops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

If you bring the one you have to a machine shop they would run that off on a lathe in about 2 minute out of aluminium or plastic if they had it.

Thanks guys - I'll try out the bodge idea stapeler. Will look for a machine shop near me if that doesn't work.

Advertisement