Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What to buy

Options
  • 20-05-2008 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

Looking for suggestions on what to buy.I'm starting a new job and need my own car, will be doing about 1500 miles per month in it mainly around Dublin. but with a few country runs, i have 7k to spare and I'm looking for something to keep me going for a year or so until i can splash out on something more.

also been wondering should i go with diesel or petrol have been looking at the Seat Leon which i quite like and its suits my price range also.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

I dont know if this is what you like, but if your driving around dublin, your not going to get more economical than a prius, because of the hybrid system you aint using the engine up to about 30 kph

You will get a old shape one for your budget, and dont worry the hybrid parts dont go wrong

[URL="[url]http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Toyota/Prius/hybrid-engine/1046142/[/url]"][/url]http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Toyota/Prius/hybrid-engine/1046142/

i have driven the prius and in traffic 75 mpg is easily managable in one

Just my two cents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Dabko

Was in the same situation my self 6 months back.(Galway, though)

Picked up a 2001 Ford mondeo lx. Its the 2ltr diesel tddi engine.Got it for 6400 with 107000 miles on clock. And I must say, im deeply in love with it!

Very comfortable car, fast with great power when needed and poo loads of room. And very economical on diesel!

Well worth a look in my opinion. The mondeo's are very plentiful and im pretty sure i paid over the odds (was a nice bit of work done on her though) so you should pick one up at good price.

Another suggestion is the skoda octavia. Very good reliable economical car. Happy hunting!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,424 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

if your driving around dublin, your not going to get more economical than a prius, because of the hybrid system you aint using the engine up to about 30 kph

*Leans back in comfy chair with drink and popcorn*

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You will get a old shape one for your budget, and dont worry the hybrid parts dont go wrong
    i have driven the prius and in traffic 75 mpg is easily managable in one

Just my two cents

The old model is cack though.

Just my two cents!

Advertisement