Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Premier Square, Finglas

Options
  • 20-05-2008 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

Hi there,

If anyone from premier square, Finglas, Dublin.

I saw a property today and asking price is 320,000 for 2 bed apt. EA told me prices has come down around 15-20% on this property from its peak level. I doubt about that. If anyone here knows what were approx. peak prices for 2 bed in premier square.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

I can't say for certain OP, but I don't think that represents a 15-20% reduction from peak price. I will do some more digging, but the max asking prices I remember would have been circa 350K odd. I don't know if that was ever achieved though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

I think they went up as high as e360 but if you look around there's usually ones there for sale for around the e300k mark at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

jdivision wrote: »
    I think they went up as high as e360 but if you look around there's usually ones there for sale for around the e300k mark at the moment

And at the moment any apartment on sale for €300K would normally go for a good bit less.... i wouldn't be paying €320K for a 2 bed apt....

Also I'd expect another wave of apartments to be put on sale in royal canal park within the next few weeks, which is probably about a mile away. I say this, cause i run along the canal there at broom-bridge, and the sales office for royal canal park has been closed for over 12 months and had fallen into major disrepair (lots of broken windows etc etc... ). But yesterday there was about 20 people working on it, putting in new windows, painting, cleaning, making it look all nice and fresh. Going by the amount of people / activity i would expect something to happen very soon. They were even testing the water feature in the sales office ;)

There's a number of launches planned for there. Given two-beds with massive balconies in there are asking e335k new I'd be surprised if the two-beds aren't e300k in new phase

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I thought Premier Square was in Glasnevin and not Finglas ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭confuzed

Well, if i buy an apartment there IT IS GLASNEVIN and if not IT IS FINGLAS.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

I would'nt pay more than 200k for a 2bed in premier square. Prices will keep dropping for years to come.

I would'nt pay more than 200k for a 2bed in premier square. Prices will keep dropping for years to come.
    well that simply means u are not planning to buy in near future. Regarding prices, they will go down but at the same time it will be very hard to find mortgage.

Secondly, its very tough for me to save 20-30 grand in bank. My hand gets scrachy and my bum becomes shaky :D. when have money and i will spend some where say holidays or new car but regarding mortgage that simply goes off your salary.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

confuzed wrote: »
    well that simply means u are not planning to buy in near future. Regarding prices, they will go down but at the same time it will be very hard to find mortgage.

Secondly, its very tough for me to save 20-30 grand in bank. My hand gets scrachy and my bum becomes shaky :D. when have money and i will spend some where say holidays or new car but regarding mortgage that simply goes off your salary.

Are you not going to need at least a 20-30K deposit, possibly more now, to buy an apartment??

• Registered Users Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Heh, I'm exactly the same, can easily pay a much higher rent or a mortgage, but money in my account = money thats gotta be spent on stuff!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Those with big deposits(the savers) will be looked upon favourably for a mortgage than the likes of 100% mortgage seekers as they won't be borrowing as much and are low risk to the bank..

If its too tough to save that amount of money, maybe you are living beyond your means if you cannot save up that amount over a period of time(lets say 1-2yrs for a singleton not on low pay)

Regarding Premier Sq, it 'used to be' in Finglas East until the developer changed the address to get that sale higher price on the Glasnevin address.

Still, your across the road(literally) from Finglas South, your local supermarket is in Finglas beside you(Tesco) plus your petrol and your bus is the 40, all Finglas for Premier Square but not in name :D

Still, when you leave this world in donkeys years time, you'll be in Glasnevin permanently :D

I disagree Gurramok, the Premier Dairies site there beforehand always said Glasnevin as far as I know. My favourite though was the ones across the road which were billed by the estate agent as being "just past Glasnevin" :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

gurramok wrote: »
    Still, when you leave this world in donkeys years time, you'll be in Glasnevin permanently :D

Oh, you tried that in cleverly, nicely done! :cool:

Nope, Premier Dairies was always in Finglas from any thread I've read here.
    Even did a quick google, that creamry was extremly old
    To provide milk of guaranteed quality, several high calibre dairies were established in urban areas throughout Ireland. Among the Dublin ones was the well-known Finglas-based Merville Dairy, which amalgamated with others to form Premier Dairies in the 1960s.

http://www.askaboutireland.ie/show_narrative_page.do?page_id=1259

jdivision wrote: »
    I disagree Gurramok, the Premier Dairies site there beforehand always said Glasnevin as far as I know. My favourite though was the ones across the road which were billed by the estate agent as being "just past Glasnevin" :)

micmclo corrected this :D

Anyway, the estate beside Premier is Glenhill. Recently there was a pipe bomb attack there, it was publicised as being in Finglas despite the residents there pimping themselves as Glasnevin for years.

And do you remember years ago there was a bad incident(think it was a mugging) in Glasnevin cemetery and the media said it happened in the 'Finglas end of Glasnevin cemetery'.
    There was blue murder as for any newbies, 'Finglas end of Glasnevin cemetery' does not exist.

Plus the recently closed Royal Oak pub(at Washerwomans Hill) has an address in Glasnevin but when a major drug dealer was murdered in 1996, it was publicised as in Finglas.

Point being, if it's bad, its in Finglas...if its good, its in Glasnevin. If anyone think they are going to be living in the real Glasnevin by choosing Premier Sq will get a reality check pretty fast when they live there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,042 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Point being, if it's bad, its in Finglas...if its good, its in Glasnevin. If anyone think they are going to be living in the real Glasnevin by choosing Premier Sq will get a reality check pretty fast when they live there.

'The real Glasnevin'!!? Yeah I live there and it's great - there's fairys and unicorns and rainbows in the sky. I have an alarm and 2 ground anchors on my bike, we also have 2 bell boxes for the house alarm to deter muppets from trying to break in -again, cars are stolen/vandalised, theres graffiti(sp) etc etc etc
    Back on topic - OP imo the pros for Prem. Sq would be huge 24hr tesco across the road (i cross the tracks between glasnevin and finglas to do my shopping there and have never been car-jacked/mugged/stabbed/shot) good,frequent bus service, it's pretty central - say 20-30 mins from town when it's not rush hour and into the QBC after 7.00pm :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

Theres no way thats in glasnevin,, i know that site it,s just down the road from finglas shopping center, look at daft.ie .2bed apartments , prices, depending on size its worth maybe 290k or less .IF YOU dont want 2 live in finglas ,buy somewhere else.WITH prices going down you can buy a house in dublin,with garden front ,back, with driveway, 3 parking spaces for 290k or less in a private estate.
    WHERE will your friends park there cars when they visit you,does 350k get you a parking space?
    APARTMENT prices at present are going down, dublin has apartment blocks ,newly built ,with half full blocks.THERES no service charges on a house.ITS easy 2 buy a house near a bus stop if you want to get into town quick.

tk123 wrote: »
    'The real Glasnevin'!!? Yeah I live there and it's great - there's fairys and unicorns and rainbows in the sky. I have an alarm and 2 ground anchors on my bike, we also have 2 bell boxes for the house alarm to deter muppets from trying to break in -again, cars are stolen/vandalised, theres graffiti(sp) etc etc etc
    Back on topic - :pac:
    are you referring to area adjoining apartments or pre. square itself. I thought apartments are safer in terms of vandalism and breakins.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭mydarkstar

Plus the recently closed Royal Oak pub(at Washerwomans Hill) has an address in Glasnevin but when a major drug dealer was murdered in 1996, it was publicised as in Finglas.

Sorry to be pedantic about it but Washerwomans Hill is at the far end of Glasnevin, beside the Met Office. The Royal Oak is/was on Finglas Bridge (as my Dad always calls it).... but you're right that everything bad in the area is dubbed Finglas! Premier Dairies was in Finglas but due to estate agent magic the apartments that replaced it have moved to Glasnevin. Okay, back on topic: they're quite nice apartments, I looked at the 1-beds myself a few years ago but thought they were a bit over-priced and looks like that hasn't changed.

are you referring to area adjoining apartments or pre. square itself. I thought apartments are safer in terms of vandalism and breakins.

My point was that crap happens everywhere - not jst in Finglas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

My point was that crap happens everywhere - not jst in Finglas

But there is a higher incidence of crap in certains roads/streets/areas.
    I live in Glasnevin near Botanic Gardens and theres rarely ever any incidents here but a few miles up the road the Garda helicopter is overhead dealing with crap every night in parts of Finglas.

• Advertisement

hey thats funny we're neighbors ron - i'm near the Botanics as well :D that stupid helicopter is always around where we are thou - just beside the park..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Kavinsky

Hi guys I don't live in your area but just wondering is there parking spaces available for general usage or are they allocated to the residents. Are the management strict about "outsider" cars parking there?: Thanks

That crap doesn't happen everywhere.

I lived in Rathgar for about three years which is probably just as close as Finglas is to the city centre (if not closer) and never ever once did I hear the Garda helicopter overhead (or see).
    It may be normal for people that have to live close to Finglas..but not not normal for many many parts of Dublin, I'll leave it there before the "Finglas folk are the salt of the earth" types start coming out.

I'm sure there are many decent people there, I just don't want to live near the rest that aren't.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

mydarkstar wrote: »
    Sorry to be pedantic about it but Washerwomans Hill is at the far end of Glasnevin, beside the Met Office. The Royal Oak is/was on Finglas Bridge (as my Dad always calls it).

Hmm, maybe it was just a nickname as i know a few people call it that there instead of Old Finglas road.
    Can't find the one beside the Met office you speak of on the map other than Glasnevin Hill.
    These mix up of placenames is like the Prospect Hill apt blocks which are really in Finglas when the real Prospect's are near where you live :D
    Supercell wrote:
    lived in Rathgar for about three years which is probably just as close as Finglas is to the city centre (if not closer) and never ever once did I hear the Garda helicopter overhead (or see).
    It may be normal for people that have to live close to Finglas..but not not normal for many many parts of Dublin, I'll leave it there before the "Finglas folk are the salt of the earth" types start coming out.

I'm sure there are many decent people there, I just don't want to live near the rest that aren't.

I'd agree that parts of Finglas are a kip but other parts are nice, it's just not fair from some quarters with the labelling of 30,000+ people as scum :rolleyes:

All this bad rep in Finglas is the local scum's way of driving house prices down, supercell is another potential buyer scared away :D

All this bad rep in Finglas is the local scum's way of driving house prices down, supercell is another potential buyer scared away :D

All yours, I won't be outbidding you on that classy city centre shoebox any time soon ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭bangersandmash

To be fair it's a pretty diverse area, both socially and geographically. The definition of 'real' seems to vary considerably, in a similar way to people talking about the 'real Terenure' or the 'real Rathfarnham'. There's a considerable difference between say the leaf roads around Iona and Addison Park, just as there is a large difference between Addison Park and Premier Square.

Regarding Rathgar Supercell, fair point, but the OP was talking about buying and needless to say they probably don't intend paying a massive premium for a D6 pad. And even in Rathgar, you still do have plenty of scope to get mugged on your way home through Harold's Cross :)

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭pavelpro

Kavinsky wrote: »
    Hi guys I don't live in your area but just wondering is there parking spaces available for general usage or are they allocated to the residents. Are the management strict about "outsider" cars parking there?: Thanks

Want to warn you - there are no visitors parking in the estate (not counting 3 spaces at the entrance).
    I was living there for 2 years and was clamped because i left my car for 10min not on my designated place. The clampers usually coming to estate on weekends mostly evening time..

pavelpro wrote: »
    Want to warn you - there are no visitors parking in the estate (not counting 3 spaces at the entrance).
    I was living there for 2 years and was clamped because i left my car for 10min not on my designated place. The clampers usually coming to estate on weekends mostly evening time..
    I know but wondering why so many apartments for sale. Any other particular reason? My only concern for the moment is safety issue. My job requires me to work over nights or sometimes 2-3 days away from home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

its overpriced ,it has no spaces for visitors ,theres 2bed apartments much better value with visitors,or on street parking nearby,finglas is a working class area ,theres some bad parts, most parts are ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 cobblerusa

Hi,
    The orginal prices for a 2 bed were at least 355K. This was for apts that are 800 sq feet (there are smaller apts in the complex as well). That is a lot bigger than most developments that are in existence but will be a little smaller than new developments that have been built after a new law came out requiring 2 bed apts to be at least 860 sq ft. Yes, the apts are on the Glasnevin/Finglas border (they are on the Finglas side) but who cares. The apts are really well insulated. Freinds of mine live by Smithfield in an apt that is much smaller than mine and thier bills are much higher than mine (and thier apt is cold in the winter). Also, there are 5 bus routes to go into town (the 140 now goes to baggot St) and it is in walking distance of a 24 hr tescos. Also, even though there is a drop in price once DIT starts building in Grangegorman (this will be the largest college campus in the country) prices will go back up. Hope this helps even if it is a few months after your posting.

Advertisement