Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ban Wave

Options
  • 20-05-2008 9:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭

massive ban wave is in progress.. started rougly 6:50 PM today.

hope none of you people use dirty botting software ;) i know i dont.. some friends got there accounts banned.. did you? :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

hrmm My druid has been banned and not once have i botted on it, nor win rated or done anything, the only thing i've done is let my mate mess about on it the odd time.

A little annoyed as we just hit 2.2k with lock 2night :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Think Blizz fooked up this time,

My Warrior is banned and never touched any 3rd party software with it

Hope they answer my emails fast though not likely knowing them :mad::mad:

And great timing also.... just as AoC is released.

Strange decision from them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Hurrah mine's still active even tho I use thrid party botting software AND i win trade!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

nothing banned here, but i dont use any botting software.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

Omg i just got banned for no reason. What do i do , who do i contact. This is like some strange punishment for not playing wow during exams. Im sorry blizzard ill never stray again plz unban me

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I thought this was a thread to ban the /wave command :o

I better not have been banned anyway. I dont use any 3rd party software, but i have, form time to time, let a friend use my account to heal in Kara.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭pedro ferio-vti

Wasn't online last night as I just bough CoD4 so spent last night playing that :D

If they did ban my account they'd be doing me a favour though lol. AoC on preorder since early MAy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Kiith wrote: »
    I thought this was a thread to ban the /wave command :o

Yeah! I thought the same :o

I wasn't banned anyway, at least I don't think I was (my realm is down). There would be no reason though as I don't use any botting stuff

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Nothing banned on my account,never used anybot like software.

Ill be cancelling wow very soon i feel,Age of conan just seems too good to resist :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

Apparently I've just been banned for "exploiting the economy" which i take it means i was buying gold, I've NEVER bought gold on this account I have done about 2 years ago, but that account has long since been gone, this new account is over 1.5 years old and i've never used any 3rd party software or botted on it.

Nice one, full veng tauren druid with 2.2k rating on stormscale down the drain.
    I feel even worse for my lock buddy with whom I've easily pld over 1k arena's with.

This is the last straw for me and im not going back.

What makes it even worse is on my other account I have a full veng priest that I gave to a mate of mine to play while i pld the druid, he win rated on the account bought gold and bots constantly yet he's fine.

AoC here i come.

• Advertisement

So is Aoc really hyped as that good ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

jesus sunzz you've been a busy little boy haven't you. I got the impression you were casual as **** :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Blazher

Off topic,

My account was hacked, I contacted them 2 weeks ago to get it back and i am still waiting :D

So AoC it is

Anti wrote: »
    So is Aoc really hyped as that good ?

Yes :)

If it fails, there will be a lot of unhappy people but the developers would have to do something really silly for the game not to be epic. Also, thankfully the machine requirements and more mature content shouldn't attract too many of the fcukwits that play WoW.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Lots & Lots of people on our server are moving to AoC, just thinking also is it going to be good or not. Or will loads of them return to wow in a month or so time "Time will tell".

If i was to get a ban i sure would be pissed.

Yes :)

If it fails, there will be a lot of unhappy people but the developers would have to do something really silly for the game not to be epic. Also, thankfully the machine requirements and more mature content shouldn't attract too many of the fcukwits that play WoW.

Sweet, may just give it a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

AoC's having a rocky start, still a very unfinished game but it's good all the same. After using WoW's pretty much perfect UI for years be ready to HATE AoC's(till it can be modded?)

Well god knows if they will allow the UI to be modded. WoW is very unusual in that regard in that it lets regular user's make almost any adjustment they want to their UI. I just hope my machines ok running it but I *know* i'm gonna end up buying a new gfx card for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭matthew26

True, I liked how you can apply mods to the UI in WoW. It's one of the unique things it has from any other MMO. Also, I'd rather wait and see how AoC turns out before I move.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

matthew26 wrote: »
    True, I liked how you can apply mods to the UI in WoW. It's one of the unique things it has from any other MMO. Also, I'd rather wait and see how AoC turns out before I move.

True it could be just a pile of poo, or the appeal of the game wears off within a month or two. But saying that it could turn out to be a great game. Well im going to give it a few months before i even think about buying it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Its bizzarre that they didnt actually ban many botters. Seems to be gold buyers and win traders.

Age of Conan needs to give blowjobs at the login screen to make me want to play another mmo. IMO it also needs to knock wow for six to have a long term future, which it doesnt seem to. Being "better" than wow is not enough to get over the inertia of 10 million subscribers. It needs to be uber.
    Well see how many of the "omg aoc rocks" are merely just "omg lotro rocks" and "omg war rocks" people in another guise.

AoC's having a rocky start, still a very unfinished game but it's good all the same. After using WoW's pretty much perfect UI for years be ready to HATE AoC's(till it can be modded?)

Rocky start?
    Thats the first ive heard of it and ive been browsing many aoc forums.
    Just this evening the following piece was on massively.com about the launch.

It must seem a little like deja vu to the Blizzard bigwigs back in Irvine. A fantasy-based MMORPG with some good buzz in beta, a smooth launch, and a sudden rush of players several times more than were expected, requiring dozens of new servers? Wasn't that us, four years ago? But four years is forever in Internet time, and in that time, Blizzard has enjoyed popularity entirely unseen in the MMO genre, anywhere in the world. Now, though, a young upstart is looking a lot like the fresh-faced game that swept us all away all those years ago. What's Blizzard going to do to reassure its stockholders that it still has an iron grip on its 10.7 million players? How will they keep the kids on the farm when they've seen the big city?

Kanthalos at MMOre Insight wonders if Age of Conan could ever have gotten enough breathing room to launch so well if Blizzard had just released more expansions, faster. Would so many people have flocked to AoC's world of Hyboria if they'd been busily carving up Northrend? Would they be rolling up Dark Templars if Blizzard had given them Death Knights by now? Tobold agrees, and wonders how many people AoC will retain once Warhammer Online and Wrath of the Lich King are released. Has World of Warcraft's slow release cycle had you looking for new games to try? Are you still excited about WotLK? If you did start playing another MMO, what would Blizzard have to do to win you back? Start talking about WoW 2? World of Diablo? A complete revamp of the low level game? Or should Blizzard just sit back and let things play out, confident that when the dust settles, they'll still be #1 and as strong as ever?

Ive heard nothing but praise for the ui also.

When the servers come down every day for maintenance, sometimes more than once a day for emergency maintenence, when these downtimes last longer than they say by 2-4 hours EVERY time, and when in-game support is non-existant and forum support the same. I call that a rocky start, dunno bout you.

Well I'll be a bit more specific about the UI cause if people are praising it you're hearing one sided reports, maybe they like buttons and their health bars or something? Personally the fact that the chat windows/combat log windows are so unfriendly to use and how targetting objects/players is a disgrace(when you click on someone you maybe have a 40:60 chance of it selecting them and then you have to pray it does jump to a corpse or someones pet or something) makes me reckon that I'm right and the praise is very, very wrong.

Well, that's the UI in comparison to WoW, which I don't think anyone will argue is who is setting the bar for everything. AoC is a great game with loads of potential but that doesn't mean I have to ignore the blatantly bad sides of the game.

When the servers come down every day for maintenance, sometimes more than once a day for emergency maintenence, when these downtimes last longer than they say by 2-4 hours EVERY time, and when in-game support is non-existant and forum support the same. I call that a rocky start, dunno bout you.

Sounds like every MMO ive played at launch tbh.
    We still see it with wow after patches with some sort of isses requiring emergency maintenance.
    Its to be expected,every mmo player and his dog knows that.
    Apparently funcom have brought online dozens more servers such is the demand,that to me is what people mean about a successfull launch.
    Teething problems are to be expected at launch of any mmo so downtime and server issues days into a launch does not mean a dodgy start at all imo.
    If its still happening a week after then yes it is dodgy :)

I cant comment on the game or ui as i havent played it yet.
    Im only going by what im reading on the net.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Warcraft is the game it is today because of two years hard work by Blizzard. They didnt get it right straight away, so why would Funcom be any different. Most of the problems that i have read about have been the kind of problems that EVERY mmo faces at launch. Give it a bit of time, and AoC will be nice and polished, and most of the bugs will be ironed out.

While on the subject of dodgy MMOs at first.
    Ive been reading a lot that Vanguard is a totally different game nowadays compared to what it was a year ago.
    Apparently they have done wonders with it.
    Anyone played it recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Kiith wrote: »
    Warcraft is the game it is today because of two years hard work by Blizzard. They didnt get it right straight away, so why would Funcom be any different. Most of the problems that i have read about have been the kind of problems that EVERY mmo faces at launch. Give it a bit of time, and AoC will be nice and polished, and most of the bugs will be ironed out.

While you are correct, the problem is that now that the millions of wow players are so used to the high level of polish its hard to get them to accept anything less.

I think thats why MMO launches have to go very smoothly now or risk losing a lot of potential customers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Yes, vanguard is a totally different game these days compared to launch. Even more so since they last merged a bunch of the servers but sadly it is too little too late. Most of the servers (even the merged ones) are desolate wastelands, void of any kind of player interaction... which is really a shame as even when it was a bad game, it was still pretty good.

And lol at those that think WoW was as polished looking when it was launched compared to how it is now (I'm looking at you funky). WoW was pretty dismal when it was first launched but the difference was nobody knew any better. Heck, the custom UI addons were pretty dire back then too (if incredibly powerful). Then they released their latest version of the UI scripting language which greatly reduced the things you could do with it but made things alot smoother and safer. Then they added the majority of the original addons themselves which removed alot of the needs for addons anyway.

But with all that said, it is way too early to know one way or the other whether Conan will be successful or merely a bump in the road, and thats with time. Personally though, I think it will at least, be moderately successful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭Willymuncher

I was banned.

Completely deserved it though, I botted quite a bit on it. My legit account is still fine.

• Advertisement

I think you guys have the wrong idea about what I mean by a rocky start, I don't mean like that it's in danger of failing because of poor server stability or anything. I just mean like early access was offline for about 50% of the time and the general communication with the players has been atrocious.

I played WoW from release too so don't get me wrong, I'm well aware of the issues they had starting but even the UI then was far far superior.

Advertisement