Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vespa's

• 20-05-2008 9:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭

Evening all,

Just wondering if any of you ride vespas? I've been riding mine about 6 months now. It's a 80's PX 125E. Wondering are all owners mad into 'minding' their scoots are is moderate minding (keep petrol & oil in tank and wash it every couple of weeks) ok?

Great way of getting about town btw!

J.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

Try the forum over at "Vespa Club of Ireland" mate, plenty of vespa heads there...

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭RebelRebel

snollup wrote: »
    Evening all,

Just wondering if any of you ride vespas? I've been riding mine about 6 months now. It's a 80's PX 125E. Wondering are all owners mad into 'minding' their scoots are is moderate minding (keep petrol & oil in tank and wash it every couple of weeks) ok?

Great way of getting about town btw!

J.

I have an LML 125 - looks exactly like the PX 125 but made in india. I have it almost a year and love it. Travel to work every day on it. I'm not a fanatic about vespas or scooters at all but I do love the look of them and they are a great way to get around the city. The fact that they have gears makes them appeal to me much more than an automatic scoot.

I tend to just keep petrol and oil in the tank and give it the odd wash. I do get it serviced every 4-5 months or so as I do about 100 miles a week on it.

I'm already thinking about upgrading to a PX 200 just for that extra bit of vip especially going uphill!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

I've a 1969 Vespa Sprint and 1971 Lambretta but have to admit I'm a dry weather scooterist because they're restored although I use a maxi scooter in all weathers..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

'87 PX125e in the garage and 02 AA500..........er, also in the garage (has some 'issues' at the moment.......:rolleyes:

currently relegated to DR200 for commute, and Road King for when the sun shines.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

vektarman wrote: »
    I've a 1969 Vespa Sprint and 1971 Lambretta but have to admit I'm a dry weather scooterist because they're restored although I use a maxi scooter in all weathers..

Sprints are prob my dream bike....

One day I tells ya!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

I've a T5 mk1 being repaired and a px200 and lambretta gp150 on the road. I try not to drive round Dublin in the wet if I can, I'll use the cage for that!

Advertisement