Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HD3450 Card?

Options
  • 20-05-2008 9:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭

Sapphire Technology Radeon HD3450 256MB DDR2 PCIE DVI

I just saw this for €34 on dabs.ie

Is it a good card? Will it play the games I mentioned before? Battlefield 2 etc?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Play them yes, though despite their age still not satisfactorily at higher settings, not to mention the card is not designed for games and attempting to play anything recent on it would result in a horrific experience. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭conormurphy

oh haha thanks

are there any other cards there in that range that are ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Check out Ebay or Adverts, on such a small budget second hand will get you much further. Someone was selling an X850Pro for 35 euro on adverts for example, despite it's age it's incomparably more powerful then any retail card in that price range.

You should be able to hook an X1650Pro/X800/6800/7600gs/7300GT card on that budget from those sources, all of which will play those games you've previously mentioned fine at high settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭skuzzb

For the third time :confused: ......9600gt if you cant afford the lowest priced system we speced up then save up for longer anything less than that for what you want to do would be like buying a bike with no tyres.....it would work but it would be really crappy and youd end up buying the tyres for it within a few days anyway!!!! You cant build a Gaming PC for less than €450, thats what the xbox 360, ps3 and wii are for......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackgold>>

You cant build a Gaming PC for less than €450,
    Yes you can.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055278463

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

It can be done..

7ag1gubie6cwqrrruaqm_thumb.jpg

I built a 290 euros gaming pc for a friend (he's a student) very similair to yours squall .
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

I built a 290 euros gaming pc for a friend (he's a student) very similair to yours squall .
    :)

Post it up, could do with one :D

It was 280 something but ram is getting dearer...
    runs crysis and all :)
    cheapni7.th.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

It was 280 something but ram is getting dearer...
    runs crysis and all :)
    cheapni7.th.jpg

Thats really good fair play!

Advertisement