Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield Beta Heroes

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,325 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The signup for the public was here
    http://qaboss.com/index.php?option=com_qaboss&project_id=7&project_name=Battlefield%20Heroes

They said they'd let more in, but they have plenty of applications already.
    http://www.totalgamingnetwork.com/main/showthread.php?t=157972

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

I applied at about 2000 people, my app was ****ed up though, can't even logg into the forum :(.

A few days ago I checked again and they had about 7000 forum members.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

does anyone know is it 1st or 3rd person view?

*edit* I heard elsewhere it was 3rd person :(

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Auvers wrote: »
    does anyone know is it 1st or 3rd person view?

*edit* I heard elsewhere it was 3rd person :(
    Correct. From the page here, you can see that it is 3rd person view.

I applied the day I posted the topic, and got a key over the weekend, so they're still giving them out, it would seem.

• Advertisement

Hmmm, my app never worked properly , probably because I put usual characters in the username. One of my clanmates got the beta there too. He does not hate the game, which is about all I can really say for it atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Game initially will be 3rd person, though they have committed to adding 1st person if the community wants it, not holding my breath though.

not holding my breath though.

++

How long did it take then to release the 2142 1.4 patch :P.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

looking forward to it though, hopefully its ready for the end of the month.

not holding my breath though.

++

How long did it take then to release the 2142 1.4 patch :P.

I'd have said the same about them adding XP 64bit support.

That is, until today, when I found out that they have since added XP 64bit support.

• Advertisement

So... 64bit machine died some time ago :( so using the family 32bit machine. Runs Heroes, and it's not too bad.

Cons: 3rd person view, and no prone

Pros: pure silliness, "sticky" tnt (remember that from 'Nam?), plane goes 2 feet, and then 60 degrees up...

So, it's pretty cool. Whilst flying, pressed 2, and ended up sitting on the wing :D

Can't include screenies, or they'll ban my account, but it's looking cool so far. I'd say it'll be pretty bug free by the time it comes out, due to the closed beta. As far as I can tell, it was a) usual buggy release, or b) put back the release date, and do more testing. They choose b.

Oh, and you'll love this: if someone is sniped within a few seconds of spawning, they get air dropped nearby. That's pretty cool, I thoght.

Yeah the core gameplay itself is fun enough, but its all the ancillery stuff that needs to be worked on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

any idea when its going to be released?

No news so far.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Q1 2009 penned down for the time being

Advertisement