Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MA Open University

Options
  • 20-05-2008 10:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I am thinking about starting a Masters in Education with the OU. Just wondering if anyone has any advice as to how manageable it is, that is, when working full time and managing study with home life. any comments appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Surion

Hi there,
    Just finished Degree with OU last year. Was considering Msc as next step, but decided a year off would be good.

While I can't speak to the quantity involved of the Msc in general I found OU better than traditional 'red brick' institutions. You can take a few days away from the work if required (altho inevitably you have to pay it back else where!) and the responsibility for the level of work is entirely down to you.

I didn't find OU as flexible as they advertise i.e. you still have regular TMA's and end exams you MUST study for and MUST sit but I'm very proud of them and the work I put in on my course.

I would truely recommend them. A good friend completed his BA in 3 years where as my Bsc took 5 (almost 1 course per year), he finished quicker but when we compared our two courses mine was SO advanced. Much more experience and practicality involved. I can only imagine that the Msc/Ma must be equally as challenging/rewarding as the degree.

Hope it helps!

Advertisement