Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prince Of Persia: The Film

Options
  • 20-05-2008 10:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭

Jake Gyllenhaal and Gemma Arterton have been confirmed as the Prince and Princess, in the upcoming film adaption of Prince Of Persia:The Sands Of Time.

www.firstshowing.net

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭ballybay_eh

Wait a minute. He's a credible actor...

A credible actor in a movie based on a game... Somethings not right...

To the Batcave!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Is it wrong that I'm looking forward to this? Seeing as 99% of game-film adaptations have been utter crap (Thanks for that Uwe Boll).
    I'm also a huge fanboy when it comes to the PoP series, Epic!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Why didn't they get that actor who IS a Persian prince to PLAY a Persian prince?

DAMN YOU, HOLLYWOOOOOOOD!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

The sands of time game can be difficult enough to understand at times :) Should be interesting to see the visual effects put with the sands of time (and if we are going to see the Prince do his usual act of running full pace at a ledge, ignore the jump command and have to use the sands to go back to where he was...)

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

*trying to picture Jake Gyllenhaal doing backflips whilst decapitating sand monsters*

This movie is going to fail

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

i hope its old school with people getting impailed on spikes and chopped in half by giant steel jaws....

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

better contender than jake?

i'm not going to make a comment on this for the time being.

video game to movie adaptations......

one word: Doom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

On March 20, 2007, it was announced that New Line Cinema had purchased the rights to make a Gears of War film, with Stuart Beattie writing the script along with Marty Bowen and Wyck Godfrey, who will be producing it. Along with Cliff Bleszinski (lead designer of the game) will be the executive producer of the film.

Halo the movie, Peter Jackson was slated to be the executive producer, with Neill Blomkamp as director. Its still under negotiation...:(

As for Metal Gear Solid, Kojima will be acting as a producer and he will not let the movie be made by some crap director (Uwe Boll) :D

There's other games being made into movies too, but i wouldn't care too much for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

L31mr0d wrote: »
    *trying to picture Jake Gyllenhaal doing backflips whilst decapitating sand monsters*

This movie is going to fail

Agree. He's an appalling choice.

Advertisement