Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eircom] Broadband provisioning delay

Options
  • 20-05-2008 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭

i was told that my dsl broadband would be activated on the 19th checked yesterday guess wat not activated so i rang ibb the man told me that it should be activated on the 20th checked today and still not working rang ibb again only to find out eircom had changed the activation to the 29th another week to wait!!!!
    :mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Predhead

Cancel it and go with someone else. OK they probably won't care and it'll take even longer but it's the principal. That or try and get a credit off them! :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

dunworth1, read the charter and learn to turn off caps lock in future, if I have to change another post from all caps to lowercase I'm giving you a weeks ban.

To put your post into context when did you actually order the broadband?

Provisining delays can happen, I've seen a customer experience delays of in excess of 23months due to a DACS box on their line, the delay was caused by the amount of work involved in removing it, though this customer was a massive exception

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Predhead wrote: »
    Cancel it and go with someone else. OK they probably won't care and it'll take even longer but it's the principal. That or try and get a credit off them! :D

Why give such absolutely useless advice? There isn't a single redeeming point in your post.

ibb have been given a date by Eircom which has now for some unknown reason been put back. Why punish ibb? why look for credit when (presumably) there have been no charges yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭dunworth1

sorry about the caps lock

i ordered it at the start of April

i havent been charged yet and i dont believe its ibb fault

i think the delay is because the telephone pole is behind my house and the technician has to climb over a wall to get to it he came last friday and told us that he would be back on monday because he didnt have the right ladder

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

We had the same problem with Eircom putting in a phone line.
    Told it was the 6th may but they then extended it to 12 July.
    Made a complaint to Comreg, rang back Eircom and told them what I did.
    They rang back the following day saying end of May, line was activated last week and ordered broadband last friday..chanced my arm with my router today and voila..i have broadband..i suggest you do similiar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭dunworth1

guess wat i was sitting a home today and eircom rang and told me that the broadband was on and asked me to check it so i turned it on and it worked
    the man appaligised and said it was ovver the pole being where it is

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

glad to hear you got it sorted in the end

Advertisement