Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange Occurances

Options
  • 20-05-2008 10:40pm

There have been some strange occurances near my family home. A lot of these may sound far-fetched but have been witnessed by others in my family.

The house is surrounded by fields. There is one particular one that can be viewed from the front of the house. One day I had been sitting inside the sitting room when I glanced out the window. Something caught my eye. A rainbow. But no ordinary rainbow. This is where it starts to get far-fetched (but I assure you, both my mother and my sister saw it alongside me); the rainbow ended (or began) in that field. I have never seen anything like it before.

In that same field, during the winter, I was amazed to discover fog in that field. More or less the exact same location as the rainbow. What made it peculiar that the rest of the scenery was completely clear.

Possibly nothing too paranormal about it, but this seemed like the obvious place to put this thread. What are other boardsie's opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Both are moisture related so maybe a regular from the Weather Forum can help us out? I point someone this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

There is actually a weather forum photo of a rainbow ending in a field. Cant find it at the moment. Its a nice photo though. No Lep-er-uch-ians however. There are some american tourists captured running around with large fishing nets :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭hiorta

When on the Scottish hills in winter, in the right conditions - December usually - it is possible to see an entirely circular rainbow below where you stand.
    I'm fairly sure this is also known as the Brocken Spectre in Norway.

When there is a low lying, wet, ground-hugging mist, once above it into the sunshine, the combined effect of sunlight on water particles produces the rainbow, but I'm not sure why it is circular.
    You can photograph your own shadow in the centre of this tight circle of rainbow, although I haven't done so.

The phenomena mentioned does seem to be caused by sunshine on moisture.

Swamp Gas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

large deposit of water underground maybe? sounds disgusting but it could be a fractured sewage line or something, any bad smells from the field, like really rotten in the summer?

could also be a well or septic tank, might be worth checking out though, where there any buildings on the field at any point, is it your property or public/privately owned?

if it has a name, chances are your local library will have information on it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement