Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Schmap online guide

• 20-05-2008 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone could help me. I got an email from a group called schmap wanting to use one of my pictures that I took in London- this is it http://flickr.com/photos/tnkrbelldcu/379214979/. This is how the email goes:
    I am writing to let you know that one of your photos has
    been short-listed for inclusion in the second edition of
    our Schmap England Guide, to be published late June 2008.

Clicking this link will take you to a page where you can:
    i) See which of your photos has been short-listed.
    ii) Submit or withdraw your photo from our final selection
    phase.
    iii) Learn how we credit photos in our Schmap Guides.
    iv) Browse the first edition of our Schmap England Guide.

While we offer no payment for publication, many
    photographers are pleased to submit their photos, as Schmap
    Guides give their work recognition and wide exposure, and
    are free of charge to readers. Photos are published at a
    maximum width of 150 pixels, are clearly attributed, and
    link to high-resolution originals at Flickr.

They link you to the terms and conditions
    Just looking for advice and should I let them use my pic.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Rob_T

yup i got one of the invites a while ago and so have others on the forum from what i remember, seems legit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

I, like Rob_T, got this also - but I got two, making me one better than Rob ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

I got 1 of these invites also. I replied giving my permission and now my photo is on the Irish Schmap site. Its a photo of sunrise over Dalkey Island. It their cheap way of getting photos for their site.
    John

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

yep me too., i think there has been a few threads on here abour them actually.,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭RoryW

me as well
    they asked for this one of Venice Beach
    IMO better ones in the set (Los Angeles) but that is the one they wanted

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

Yeah they seem to pick pretty standard photos from peoples sets, they asked me for a very ordinary shot of Kinsale, Its up about 5 months and dont think I got one click thru from it..
    No harm in it I guess if its an average shot and I guess thats why they pick those shots..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

Yeap they asked me too, and they recently sent me an email saying that they'd use the shot of Mann Chinese Theatre. woo hoo I'm internet published

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 694 ✭✭✭kgiller

Got one of these recently for a shot of torc waterfall in killarney, which made it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Anouilh

I've been Schmapped again and find it very useful.

It's one way of judging what sort of photos are popular at the moment.

I started a thread in the Boards.ie Discussion on Flickr to see of other people might like to add their photos. In time it could be the basis for a Flickr Badge, I think:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/boards_ie/discuss/72157611170733117/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I also got one for one of my Brussels photos - it's of the Mannekin Pis dressed up as St Nicholas.

I don't know if they bothered to look at it, but it's kind of nice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement