Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zone broadband anybody?

Options
  • 20-05-2008 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭

Hi guys, this is my first post on boards.ie!
    Im moving into new home in moyglare hall, Maynooth. The houses are only 1 year old so the only line the houses have been installed with are eircom. Ntl:chorus would have been my first choice for broadband so i contacted them and was told they are currently upgrading the lines in the area but have no definite date as to when the work will be done.
    So Iv been looking for an alternative to eircom because I would consider eircom a last resort if all else fails.
    I was considering ICE before reading on one of the threads here on the boards that they are a disaster and maynooth is already overpopulated with unhappy ICE users.
    Being a gamer I am looking for something fast probably 3 megs with a decent contention ratio and not too pricey.
    I recently visited the zone broadband website and all looks good bar the contention which is 30:1 but it could be worse I suppose.Its reasonably priced at 59.99 per month with 2mbps/720kbps.
    The only problem is I have never heard of anyone who has it and I havent seen it recommended here on boards. So if anyone has it or knows anyone who has it I would really appreciate a heads up on this one.
    Or if anyone can recommend a good broadband connection for the Maynooth area with my requirements in mind I would greatly appreciate that also!
    Cheers,
    Sadista :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

BUMP!

Same question

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Any of the resellers of eircom, UTV, BT, VODAFONE etc.
    or Smart if you can get it.
    MC

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

59.99 a month for DSL that is crazy,unless it includes line rental and calls.

Is it wireless or bitstream?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I believe Zone is wireless can't confirm any details as http://www.zonebroadband.ie/.com appears to be down

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Pretty sure its wireless with satellite backhaul.

• Advertisement
Advertisement