Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bad Drivers

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Patience comes with age.
    Age certainly helps, but I think a certain amount of self-discipline will always be necessary. I don't think we're ever going to get rid of those moments when the blood starts rising, all we can do is to learn to control it as best we can. What convinced me was being shown how getting angry at one particular driver blinds one to a host of other potential hazards. Instead of constantly scanning the complete environment, it leads to tunnel vision.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

You need big balls for the Walkinstown roundabout, and a heavy foot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

You see there a different drivers in this world, and some take driving as enjoyable or as a chore or as a means to pay bills.

I take driving as enjoyable, and like to know what i can and can't do on the road, and some diy on my motor too. 99% of the time i'm trolling through the motors forum in here, and more than any other forum because i like to keep up to date with whats going on and stuff.

Some people dont care about any of that stuff ie. fuel prices/servicing/vrt/motortax/diy, it's just not their thing which is fair enough.

Some people are oblivious to even a blast of the horn, and you can tell cause you can see where they are looking in their rearview mirror.

Driving needs your full attention, and some people just don't have it. i'm glad I'm aware of the dumbasses out there, or my car would not be in a pretty shape right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Anybody else driving on main Limerick Dublin road yesterday between 5.00 and 6.00 p.m. see the lunatic in the gun metal colour KY reg BMW overtaking at speed on continuous white lines? This freak was overtaking several cars at once and forcing those coming against him (or her?) to take evasive action. I wasn't able to get the full reg unfortunately but it was the worst and most dangerous piece of driving I've seen in years (and that's saying something!!).

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I was driving through the Phoenix park on Saturday and came across something I havnt encountered yet in my 10 yearsof drving. I went into the park throught the gate at the top of infirmary hill. Was heading up the road with the Garda HQ on my right and got to the part where the speed ramps start,

There was a woman in a red micra behind me. So as we are going over each speed bump in turn I notice a woman in a silver Polo (06 or 07 iirc) emerge from behind her and slowly move alongside her (timed her by watching as each go to the speed ramps) . The whole manouver took her about a minute until she moved in front of the micra.

The only issue with the maouver was that she undertook her on the left in the very clearly marked (green paint with solid white line) cycle lane thats was pretty much exactly the width of her car. I was genuinly amazed.

After that she just sat behind me with the micra right behind her all the way till I turned off at the gate before the Castlenock one.

The mind Boggles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭D_murph

ive seen a few lunatics overtaking before blind bends on back roads here in the past few months. must be suicidal or something :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Cruijff wrote: »
    I blew my horn on both occasions

lolz..

Anyway, yeah some drivers only think about them selves on the road. Typical.

Advertisement