Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moscow Hooligans

• 20-05-2008 11:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭

I dont know why no one has mentioned it yet,but on ssn they had a russian hooligan who said "We dont want to start a war with the British but they will pay for the russian fan who was stabbed in England"

There is gona be killings imo.:(

Just reafirms my suspicions that Russia was a terrible place to host it,whether it be the failings of their pitch quality,their visa situation or their Home Hooligan element who were bound to show themselves,the above statement just confirms this really.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Meh, I'd say violence is inevitable, but the Russian coppers will just bash the sh*t out of everyone and all will be well.

Indiscriminate baton charges FTW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Randomly lumps Man Utd and Chelsea fans in with Rangers fans :confused:

Then again I'm not surprised I can't understand a thugs thinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

ummm... you could probably survey hooligans in most countries and come up with the same type of ****. we'll see what happens tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

They should just host it in Andorra or Luxembourg every year.

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    They should just host it in Andorra or Luxembourg every year.

Ha ha countries with no active police forces!! Nice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Ha ha countries with no active police forces!! Nice!

Let them do whatever they want to each other, sounds good to me!

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Let them do whatever they want to each other, sounds good to me!

Jesus imagine Liverpool and United made the final...or Barca and Madrid...or Celtic and Rangers (heavenly) or basically any other bitter rival...itd be carnage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

dc69 wrote: »
    on ssn they had a russian hooligan who said "We dont want to start a war with the British but they will pay for the russian fan who was stabbed in England"

A section of Murdochs media carrying a shocking piece of frightening news to grab viewers attention?

You jest, surely :eek: :pac:

Gotta go, theres another Madeleine McCann alert flashed up on Sky News.

btw, while Ive no idea of how well the Moscow local team hooligans get on with St Petersburg fans, it seems a bit far fetched. I doubt Stoke City or Millwall fans went and smashed up a few kebab takeaways the first match after the two Leeds fans died. So why would a Moscow hooligan be concerned with taking his revenge on random English fans over something that happened to a fan of a rival club from a faraway city perpetrated by Scottish people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

I don't think there'll be trouble. The Russian authorities appear to have this under control and I'd say they'll be segregating the English from the Russians as much as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

DaveMcG wrote: »
    Meh, I'd say violence is inevitable, but the Russian coppers will just bash the sh*t out of everyone and all will be well.

Indiscriminate baton charges FTW

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

shane86 wrote: »
    A section of Murdochs media carrying a shocking piece of frightening news to grab viewers attention?

You jest, surely :eek: :pac:
    Followed by continuous loop of one video made on a mobile phone of someone waving a bottle at someone else......

To be honest, violence is inevitable anymore sadly, almost regardless of what teams are involved. It might be bad, it mightn't be so bad, but UEFA and the media will play it down mostly as the teams involved and have good PR people, and UEFA dont want their star tournament tarnished by bad press.

Advertisement