Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Electro House

• 20-05-2008 11:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭

I'm loving this genre right now. So I thought I'd start this thread for discussion and recommendations.

I'm not too sure of what's the most popular or commercial of this genre right now, but these are my favourite electro house artists:

Hystereo (They're Irish, and great. Corporate Crimewave is brilliant!)
    Deadbots (Irish again. I fell in love when I randomly saw them live. I love Watch Yo Back.)
    Teenage Bad Girl (Slightly disappointing live, but it was only one of them, and I've been told he's the weaker DJ. I love their album, Cocotte. And the riff in the title track is great.)
    Felix Cartal

Comments? Recommendations?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

I'm completely the opposite ive gone off it,still like a little bit of it but it reached it's peak about a year ago and since then there hasn't really been anything that im really into, they are running out of ideas.

It's all about Disco and Funky House.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

yeah my recommendation would be a time machine to go back exactly a year.

since then they really do seem to have run out of ideas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

But I like the genre. I'm not particularly fussed about staying current....

Recommend me some from a year ago?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

okay man,ill say what i say to everyone who asks this.go into hmv virgin or whatever local music shop you got and look for a few electrohouse mix cds.i think ministry of sound have done a few and look at the artists and labels then go hunting.failing that just got to beatport and look under the category electrhouse.
    cant imagine how people found out about music before the internet:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Prefabsprouter

jonny68 wrote: »
    I'm completely the opposite ive gone off it,still like a little bit of it but it reached it's peak about a year ago and since then there hasn't really been anything that im really into, they are running out of ideas.

I hear ya Baby!!! Disco and Funky House rules!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

I havent heard a decent new Electro House track in months. It was probably the genre churning out the best tunes most consistantly in the last 2 years but its really in dire straights at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 fogo2000

If you want to hear a new track - I just finished an electro house track.

It's on my myspace page - called Electro NIC.

Enjoy.

http://www.myspace.com/cfogo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

im into the more commercial electro house stuff.stuff from

vandalism
    sebastian leger
    john dahlback
    tocadisco
    dirty south
    swedish house mafia.

saw boys noize in wax 2 weeks ago though and all i can say is WOW!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Thanks for the recommendations, I'll check em out.

Anyone heading to Kavinsky/Hystereo/Deadbots in Chemistry on the 18th June?

I can't freakin' wait. I hate to sound like a snob, but Chemistry has become overtly popular in the last few weeks, and I don't really like the type of crowd there these days, it's attracting a lot of types who don't really care about the music. But I reckon there should be a better crowd at this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭francois

r
    yep, just another sub-genre fad (and a not particularly interesting one at that) anyone remember "hip-house"...:p
    didnt think so

• Advertisement

im waiting for someone to form a huge disco funk band ala earth wind and fire.
    including there own horn section.noone does that anymore.shame really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    Thanks for the recommendations, I'll check em out.

Anyone heading to Kavinsky/Hystereo/Deadbots in Wax on the 16th June?

I can't freakin' wait. I hate to sound like a snob, but Chemistry has become overtly popular in the last few weeks, and I don't really like the type of crowd there these days, it's attracting a lot of types who don't really care about the music. But I reckon there should be a better crowd at this.
    I'll be heading along, should be a good night.

Still no sign of any tickets on sale yet though, which is a bit odd considering it's only about 3 weeks away.

Also it's on 18 June and in Spy, not Wax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

JC2K3, you said you don't like Justice, but have you heard the whole Cross album? Waters Of Nazerth, for example is pretty genre-defining, and Genesis and Stress are in the same mould. DVNO is another classic, albeit more in the DANCE mould.

I'm a huge fan of this genre, always had a soft-stop for dance music (Faithless, Chemical Brothers, Prodigy etc) despite being a rock fan, but have gotten into electronic music in a major way since I discovered Justice and then more bands through that. Some recommendations for you sir!

Digitalism - Magnets, Idealistic, Jupiter Room
    DatA - Aerius Light
    Sebastian - Ross Ross Ross, Walkman (Re-Edit)
    MSTRKRFT - Bodywork
    Boyz Noise - &Down, Let's Buy Happiness
    Kavinsky - Testarossa Autodrive (Sebastian Remix)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

MSTRKRFT did an essential mix this week on radio 1 it's a great set

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭francois

seannash wrote: »
    do it yourself and release it as a bootleg! Agreed about the horn ( stop sniggering at the back please) sound, not used enough, though electronic versions of brass havent got the real thing down yet
    karmabass wrote: »
    JC2K3, you said you don't like Justice, but have you heard the whole Cross album?

there is no justice: there's just us

francois wrote: »
    do it yourself and release it as a bootleg! Agreed about the horn ( stop sniggering at the back please) sound, not used enough, though electronic versions of brass havent got the real thing down yet

no i meant i waiting for a band with a similar set up.like 20 members all playing instuments like earth wind and fire.
    not interested in doing a cover just waiting for a real disco band like they had in the 70s to pop up.
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Joey Negro is the King of Disco house, the man rocks.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

seannash wrote: »

Don't forget cowbells, they're a necessity!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

ntlbell wrote: »
    MSTRKRFT did an essential mix this week on radio 1 it's a great set

Cheers just gave that a listen, what a set. It's pretty much what they played in Spy a few weeks ago, great night.

Any idea if there's a way you can download the set?
    EDIT: Found somewhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Kaskade & Deadmau5 - Move for me....great tune!!

• Advertisement

Hoxton Whores - Friday saturday Love
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y_1bO75KLU

Advertisement