Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sully!

Options
  • 21-05-2008 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

I have to ask " why " do you not like old threads been dug up? what difference does it make to you ? someone somewhere did a search and found something they were interested in
    I just don't get the big deal that it has to be closed

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054926423
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Perhaps because old threads often have old information that no longer applies and for users to go through so it is better to start a new thread. Also, might have been just easier to send Sully a PM and ask him rather than calling him out on the main forum.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Because old threads are bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Dub13 wrote: »
    Because old threads are bad.

Mr. Macky voice: "Umkay?"

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

next! We have a feedback forum - use it please!

Topic Moved

To answer your question, I think I stated it already, I think digging up old topics serves no purpose apart from starting a complete off-topic conversation. Iv left some topics be and they just go of into random chit-chat with no relevance. Furthermore, I have users reporting threads asking for them to be locked because they are so old. Its a grey area, which is why I usually decide it on a case by case basis. Hence, the Cunninghams topic was allowed remain open.

I hope that explains it and addresses your concerns :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Pfft you're getting an awful lot of hassle these days, Sully. To think Waterford wants a university. Imagine how busy your life would be then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

*insert troll about waterfords university plans, and possibly comments about its mother, here*

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Off topic discussion in an old thread, oh no!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

A lot of times you'd get told to search the topic instead of starting a new thread,is there any winning sometimes?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭sunnyse

Speaking of old threads and off topic a bit i guess: I was looking for the thread on the fire at u decor and couldn't find it.....any ideas anyone:)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Zombie threads eat our brains.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Off topic discussion in an old thread, oh no!

Whats the point of raising an old thread from the dungeons of the Boards DB if people aint gonna bother discussing it and just go on ranting about old threads or waffle on about pointless things not related to the thread?! Cleaning it goes back to its old state.

Antithetic wrote: »
    Pfft you're getting an awful lot of hassle these days, Sully. To think Waterford wants a university. Imagine how busy your life would be then.

I know. And to think that people can troll away and raise an argument with pro-waterford anti-not-pro-waterford people! Life would be so much easier without the trolls! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭pommers

o my god seriously very little going on in yer lifes!!!!!!!

sunnyse wrote: »
    Speaking of old threads and off topic a bit i guess: I was looking for the thread on the fire at u decor and couldn't find it.....any ideas anyone:)

Yup: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055250236&highlight=U+Decor

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

pommers wrote: »
    oh my god! seriously,you have very little going on in your lives!
    fixed :D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

pommers wrote: »
    o my god seriously very little going on in yer lifes!!!!!!!

Well, some of us took the time out to learn to spell, and also to learn that the strength of the argument doesn't increase in proportion to the amount of exclamation marks used!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Why cant us Waterford people just get along!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

next wrote: »
    I have to ask " why " do you not like old threads been dug up? what difference does it make to you ? someone somewhere did a search and found something they were interested in
    I just don't get the big deal that it has to be closed

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054926423

funny-pictures-kittens-hugs-before-you-go.jpg

Sully wrote: »
    I know. And to think that people can troll away and raise an argument with pro-waterford anti-not-pro-waterford people! Life would be so much easier without the trolls! ;)

Silly boy.

Angry mob + apparent attack on city's holy grail = opportunity for mod to look good.

What you guys need is to learn about politics. Not a university.

Antithetic wrote: »
    Silly boy.

Angry mob + apparent attack on city's holy grail = opportunity for mod to look good.

What you guys need is to learn about politics. Not a university.

Angry mob? Where?

Your a troll. Go away.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

He's not a troll, he's being humorous.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

emo!! wrote: »
    Why cant us Waterford people just get along!:D

Waterford is the new Cork I think.......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Sully maybe you should be a fairer mod?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭sunnyse

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

All this talk of waterford makes me want a Bla.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

All this talk of waterford makes me want to retch

:pac:

Not being a troll, just humorous

faceman wrote: »
    All this talk of waterford makes me want a Bla.

yummm!!

i sense i revolt on our hands :p

Sully wrote: »
    Angry mob? Where?

Your a troll. Go away.
    You're :pac:
    He's not a troll, he's being humorous.
    ^^ :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

emo!! wrote: »
    yummm!!

i sense i revolt on our hands :p

The revolt has begun, Superquin sell bla's all over now!

But its a bit like Guinness. It never tastes the same.

• Advertisement

faceman wrote: »
    The revolt has begun, Superquin sell bla's all over now!

But its a bit like Guinness. It never tastes the same.

yeah big shopping markets never have the nice bla's, the little shops does em best! Defo getting one for lunch tomorrow now, with ham and chesse nyom nyom nyom!

Advertisement