Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sully!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Unfortunately i dont live in waterford though. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

aww, well next time your down here go get yourself on in the fresh food hall , oh yeah yum, used get one with banana in it the whole time for 80 cent, those were the days being a poor student and all!!

anyway this could suggested as trolling :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Sully maybe you should be a fairer mod?

Again, im open to Feedback. A lot of people who give Feedback is abusive. They give feedback because they were banned for getting far to personal or just taking no regard for what the charter states. I dont like banning, issuing infractions or having to moderate. We should be able to all get along without having to step in and sort out a mess. A lot of people dont see that.

This is probably the first genuine feedback thread. Iv explained why I close such topics, I dont see it as that big of a deal though. Any topic that gets closed is because it doesnt serve any purpose and a clean up wont do it any good. Iv left an old thread be dragged up remain open because the topic can actually restart and carry on. Just not every case can.
    He's not a troll, he's being humorous.

I laughed, it is funny. However, a lot of people would see that as just bait to get a rise out of Waterford people.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Sully wrote: »
    I laughed, it is funny. However, a lot of people would see that as just bait to get a rise out of Waterford people.

Waterford people probably need to chill then.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I'd murder a blaa at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

CuLT wrote: »

exactly

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

CuLT wrote: »

Dont look at me. Personally, it doesn't have any affect on me. However, it does to others. Not everybody takes jokes on what they see as a serious issue funny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Yeah right. You called him a troll and told him to go away.

Sensitive much?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Gone off topic much?!

Yeah right. You called him a troll and told him to go away.

Sensitive much?

He was trolling. He was joking. He knew full well what he was aiming for. Regardless, he was off-topic. It doesnt upset me much, but I dont like people doing it on purpose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

To be fair the lot of ye aren't able to sustain an argument,That's what i would deduce as a newbie reading this thread. This is bot a proper feedback thread.This is a thread consisting of off topic subjects such as the sale of blaa's nationwide, who outside of waterford cares. Not the place for it so create an appropriate thread and discuss it there. Then there is the people who come in to take a snap at the moderator in question. Wow a big man who can post abuse at someone on a public board hidden behind a username. Stop trolling the thread with meaningless arguements and sustain and back up your points. Didn't know bickering two years olds could type. As for the subject title of the thread which is a boards.ie moderator, Sully is by no means the worst or anywhere near the unfairest moderator you will ever come across. He allows conversations to flow freely, inputing appropriately and rarely steps in to moderate unless someone acts the maggot or needs be. There are a lot worst people you could come across.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

6d71d6a79788dab61354f15ef5fcdc8c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Sherifu wrote: »
    6d71d6a79788dab61354f15ef5fcdc8c.jpg

See the way Waterford Town sort of juts into County Kilkenny ? Would look much neater if they just handed the town over to Kilkenny Co Co. :D

On topic. I think most who view the SE forums would admit that Sully does a fine moderating job in there. He keeps the place tidy, regularly contributes to threads himself to keep things moving, and seems to prefer discussing problems rather than going down the infraction/ban route.
    Wish Terry would get more plastered than usual some night, and ban half the AH regulars for absolutely no reason. Then we could get a proper feedback thread going. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

He was trolling. He was joking. He knew full well what he was aiming for. Regardless, he was off-topic. It doesnt upset me much, but I dont like people doing it on purpose.

It was funny(ish). You need to cool down. You don't mod this forum. If it has an affect on others in this forum, it should be of no concern to you. You were rude, when you did not get the joke. These are not the droids you are looking for.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Duiske wrote: »
    See the way Waterford Town sort of juts into County Kilkenny ? Would look much neater if they just handed the town over to Kilkenny Co Co. :D

agreed :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Hobart wrote: »
    It was funny(ish). You need to cool down. You don't mod this forum. If it has an affect on others in this forum, it should be of no concern to you. You were rude, when you did not get the joke. These are not the droids you are looking for.

I got the joke. I just found it trollish. Perhaps its just seeing the same kinda thing appearing a lot in the WIT Topic makes the joke a little less funny on my side. I didn't mean to be rude, my apologises if I was.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Leave Sully alone, hes a good bloke.

This thread needs more cowbell blas.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Old Thread Policy:

It is cool to raise an old thread if:

1. You can add to it, or update the outcome etc...

Its NOT cool if you are:
    1. Trolling people.
    2. Just doing it for "the lulz"
    3. Trying to fool people into thinking it is current.

Ideally its best to start a new thread and reference the old one by a link.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

I got the joke. I just found it trollish. Perhaps its just seeing the same kinda thing appearing a lot in the WIT Topic makes the joke a little less funny on my side. I didn't mean to be rude, my apologises if I was.

You ban people for calling others trolls on the Waterford Forum. There appears to be one rule for you and another for everyone else. That's not unbiased moderation. You really do need to chill Sully.

Freddie59 wrote: »
    You ban people for calling others trolls on the Waterford Forum. There appears to be one rule for you and another for everyone else. That's not unbiased moderation. You really do need to chill Sully.

As you would say yourself... "Your Point?"

You would be the first to complain about trolling (or anyone expressing a view opposite to you).

• Advertisement

Sorry,but Sully if you ban posters in your Forums for calling people trolls,do you not think it's a bit hypocritical for you to be calling posters trolls,surely you should be getting some sort of ban if it's the way you operate!

kmart6 wrote: »
    Sorry,but Sully if you ban posters in your Forums for calling people trolls,do you not think it's a bit hypocritical for you to be calling posters trolls,surely you should be getting some sort of ban if it's the way you operate!

The world "troll" is being used constantly (probably even by Freddie) as an insult towards other users who disagree with a point by the likes of Freddie etc. in the university topic. Warnings and Infractions didn't stop it, so it was stepped up to a temp ban. Its the only area bans are issued for that comment.

This is a different forum bound by different rules. Actually trolling can get you site wide banned. Alas, I was under a lot of pressure at the time of posting and honestly felt the poster was trying to get a rise by making the comments. Iv since apologised for the remarks. My view is slightly corrupted due to that mess of a University topic so I suppose I jumped without seeing the full picture.

Ah right thats grand,have seen the state of that thread and the carry on of some people! Wasn't getting at you here,was just wondering!

kmart6 wrote: »
    Ah right thats grand,have seen the state of that thread and the carry on of some people! Wasn't getting at you here,was just wondering!

Your dead right to question - I would be the exact same :) Been a very busy time with exams, work and weddings so my mind wasn't thinking straight and I over reacted when I saw him posting. Shouldn't have happened and hence why I have apologised for my remarks. We all make mistakes :)

As you would say yourself... "Your Point?"

You would be the first to complain about trolling (or anyone expressing a view opposite to you).

Sully - you could be describing yourself there!:D Need I point out the locked traveller thread?;)

The world "troll" is being used constantly (probably even by Freddie) as an insult towards other users who disagree with a point by the likes of Freddie etc. in the university topic. Warnings and Infractions didn't stop it, so it was stepped up to a temp ban. Its the only area bans are issued for that comment.

This is a different forum bound by different rules. Actually trolling can get you site wide banned. Alas, I was under a lot of pressure at the time of posting and honestly felt the poster was trying to get a rise by making the comments. Iv since apologised for the remarks. My view is slightly corrupted due to that mess of a University topic so I suppose I jumped without seeing the full picture.

Again! At least get your facts right before accusing me Sully. You accuse me of 'probably' using the word troll constantly. The one time I used it you had threatened to ban the next one using it, when at the same time allowing two very obvious trolls from Cork and Limerick to continue posting in a Waterford City forum.

As I said already, one rule for the rest of us.......

Sully - you could be describing yourself there!:D Need I point out the locked traveller thread?;)

I do recall I was quoting the exact words from yourself in a recent topic on the Waterford Forum.

The traveller thread - I already explained that but you have yet to reply. Its the same topic where you decided to get all sarcastic and quiz my post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

So, in the heel of the hunt, is this thread going anywhere?

Again! At least get your facts right before accusing me Sully. You accuse me of 'probably' using the word troll constantly. The one time I used it you had threatened to ban the next one using it, when at the same time allowing two very obvious trolls from Cork and Limerick to continue posting in a Waterford City forum.

Thing is Freddie, there is no point even discussing it with you. In that topic you wouldn't listen to anyone else's opinion and even people on the same side as you expressed concern over some of your posts. Some users came to me in confidence and expressed concern over several posts (by different users). Warnings, bans or infractions were issued - something you wouldn't be aware of. I see you only used it indirectly, I wasn't sure. I said "probably" as you broke the charter a few times in that topic so it wouldn't of came as a surprise to me if you did use the term.

I do recall one incident with you being banned for being very abusive towards other members who disagreed with your point. Oh and then followed the somewhat abusive PMs to me where you were soon placed on ignore.
    As I said already, one rule for the rest of us.......

You have failed to prove that point. If you want to come back to me with several examples of where there is rules for everyone and a different one for me - by all means. Id be happy to discuss it :)

• Advertisement

So, in the heel of the hunt, is this thread going anywhere?

I think the issues in this thread have been dealt with, but Freddie has came with his own concerns which I feel should be responded to. :)

Advertisement