Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sully!

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Ah we'll see how it pans out.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Ah we'll see how it pans out.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Indeed we will :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Just add 'University' to the filter list. Watch the workload fall away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Seriously you ar$eh0le5 need to get over yourselves. Tell you what if its fair to have a public bitching fest at sully, how about we start a new thread and have a bitching thread at how your mam's raised such bitter, idiotic offspring. Come off it like. Have you guys got nothing better to do with your time than sit in front of your computers and make pointless comments at a moderator who is an easy target because of his activeness on a forum you unfortunately post in?Ok fair enough if the argurments against sully were backed up well then lets get out the pitchforks or whatever your into and sort the matter in a barbarian manner of way in which you are all acting at the moment. God Your incessant whinging and moaning really gets old quick! (And please don't say if it bothers you don't read the feedback because unlike you anti-sully gang i can back up my posts.)

As quiet rightly pointed out the arguements have being put to bed bacause certain posters who are bringing comments to this thread can't back up their views.Hmmm one might sense a personal agenda there? Perhaps you anti sully campaigners are a little bit jealous that you all are not moderators.And rightly so you aren't moderators because then the waterford would consist of traveller bashing, senseless unsupported whinging about not having a university and other malarchy.

In Sully's defense he is active in the forum, engages and inputs into threads always highlighting his opinion and stance on all threads. His input is always backed up as i am sure anyone who has seen the University thread will agree with. He along with other people like say merlante, who is a poster in waterford also whom i encountered in the University thread, helped to develop that particular thread immensely with posts full of detailed information and strong opinions that made the thread interesting to be apart of. They stimulated the conversation in that thread and in doing so brought in more posters for each side of the University debate encouraging and stimulating the growth and quality of said thread. All the time he remained impartial and moderated whilst still expressing his opinion. He never took sides and always moderated fairly.

He has also stepped in and stopped the traveller Bashing that seemed to be occurring in every second thread in the waterford forum. I don't think there has every been a space of two weeks where someone hasn't had something to say about them. They are openly abused at all times on the forum and he does his best to clean posts from moronic posters who have nothing to input other than arguments against travellers.An example of this is how the swimming pool thread needed to be cleaned as it came down to travellers again. God dammit someone was only asking about the opening times of the pool for a public swim and some of the less intellectually capable folk decided ah fcuk it we'll have a go at the travelling community here. It lead to sully cleaning up said thread. Oh i suppose he was wrong for doing that too.

Also to all you who oppose the current mod for what obviously is for your own personal agenda even if you insist it isn't, What have you all done to improve the forum? What have you done to actively increase the flow of traffic to the forum? Have you made efforts to actively make a local boards community where you can all meet up and converse outside of the boards.ie environment. Oh yeah nothing. Unlike your mod that you are all oppressing who made efforts to get a blaa beers going which you didn't bother to support , laser tag team for boards members which never got off the ground because of a lack of support. Truly supporting the county now aren't you all. And then you have the audacity to come into feedback and throw a strop and make unsubstantiated complaints about a mod who is actively doing this. The chap has to listen to all this and still remains impartial. If i was him i would ban you now.

This is a long ar$e rant which quite frankly i couldn't care what opposition it is met with. I have backed up all my facts unlike a certain minority on this site.:)If you find you're thinking caps and manage to put together a well structured thought out argument that you can actually back up then give us a shout. God I'd pity fajitas if the chap has to listen to you lot.

**Rant over!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

stick-dan 4 mod!!1!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Sherifu wrote: »
    stick-dan 4 mod!!1!

:)

Advertisement