Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature AH

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

OK, fair enough. Thanks. They still don't make sense.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

311 wrote: »
    Only a nerd would use the phrase ,"yore ma"

Its was a skangerism used by pre teens ,years ago.
    Quite sad to see it floating around still.

It was also "Yore Owl one"..a far better put down i thought

I am guessing inserting an cat would be offensive/inapprioate op?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

KaG1888 wrote: »
    I am guessing inserting an cat would be offensive/inapprioate op?
    QFT.

funny-pictures-inappropriate-cat-purple-bear1.jpg

Mirror wrote: »
    QFT.

funny-pictures-inappropriate-cat-purple-bear1.jpg

lol

270916539_5a9c0691ef.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

funny-pictures-yassir-arracat.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

IanCurtis wrote: »
    To a newcomer, the After Hours forum is the least forum to post on due to the number of in-jokes. Would be nice if the casual browser wasn't made to feel excluded by these 4,000+ guys?

The problem is you don't uinderstand how these "in jokes" and threads on AH work. That's ok though because neither do most people who post there. It's pretty easy to blag your way through!

All you do is take a big run up and jump with both feet into the thread, scattering intelligent debate to the wind in favour of a put down (mild enough to escape the mods notice) or statement of FACT that you're sure you overheard on the bus one day. If anyone replies to you never answer them because they might actually know more than you do!

Quickly spray your opinions, prejudices, experiences, memories and hearsay about and then promptly leap into an adjoining thread to escape, leaving faint cries of "yore ma" ringing in the other posters ears.

That, my friend, is After Hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Dinter wrote: »
    The problem is you don't uinderstand how these "in jokes" and threads on AH work. That's ok though because neither do most people who post there. It's pretty easy to blag your way through!

All you do is take a big run up and jump with both feet into the thread, scattering intelligent debate to the wind in favour of a put down (mild enough to escape the mods notice) or statement of FACT that you're sure you overheard on the bus one day. If anyone replies to you never answer them because they might actually know more than you do!

Quickly spray your opinions, prejudices, experiences, memories and hearsay about and then promptly leap into an adjoining thread to escape, leaving faint cries of "yore ma" ringing in the other posters ears.

Thumbz ^ 4 t3h n00bz0r!!1eleventyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Leap frogging in and out of various threads is how to survive on boards .ie imo .

Cuts through all the crap and boredom :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Dinter wrote: »

And don't forget to give out about the roma gypsies

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Degsy wrote: »
    It was also "Yore Owl one"..a far better put down i thought

That sounds right ,but the "Yore ma" sounds like someone from UCD, who overheard a kid saying it. Then spends their spare time typing it on the internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

orestes wrote: »
    And don't forget to give out about the roma gypsies

I've started this thread to raise conciousness about the rising price of oil. Apparently experts agree that it may top $200 a barrell within three years. As you can imagine this is going to have severe ramifications to the average consumer. Knock on costs alone in terms of heating or even simply running a car will make them unobtainable to many.

This is why I think all Roma's should be deported before the cost of oil drives up airplane fares to a point where we can't afford to get rid of them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Aw crap!

I read the title and thought we were getting a secksy pron section in AH:(

Naked pics of yore ma FTW.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Keep the nerds off the internet!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

the Biki

its here to help.

Nerin wrote: »
    the Biki

its here to help.

Your own dictionary ,very productive:D

Does anyone that uses boards actually work?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Now ,you know you wouldn't say that to me on the street. And you know why you wouldn't. So that either makes you a troll or a nerd.

Whats wrong with being a nerd?

SDooM wrote: »
    Whats wrong with being a nerd?

Dunno ,but some take offence to it .

Your own dictionary ,very productive:D
    it was around long before i appeared. i just likes it/like helping is all...:(
    Does anyone that uses boards actually work?
    what are ya tryin to say?:(

[sad nerin is sad]

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

ogre01.jpg

NERDS? NERDS!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

eolhc wrote: »
    AH mods should put on there banning caps and take back control

Oh, okay then... *puts on cap and boots* (Get the cat pictures ready)

"yore ma" is in the charter, and will result in infractions / bans when some users are taking the piss with it out-of-context. I will not ban users for it at the drop of a hat (sorry eolhc), because it really is such a benign offence.

OP: AH is there for the majority of boards.ie nerds to nerd it out in a laid-back nerd fashion. Posting on other boards does not require Ph.D submissions, they require mature and sensible posts, may I suggest that sir post in them if sir finds AH not to sir's liking?
    I don't there are many cliques or in-jokes in After Hours beyond "yore ma". Prove me wrong?
    That's not the simple "If you don't like it, you can **** right off" it appears to be, it's a solution to the problem you've stated. If you'd like to be a little more constructive, then get specific and start linking and describing what's wrong.

what are ya tryin to say?:(

Ah ,it was a general thing I meant. No offence intended .

I can't post during the day on boards as I am out working ,I don't have the incling to participate in threads in the evening apart from ones of fact.

So basically ,what I meant was ,where do you get the time to be so productive on boards and earn some money.

ogre01.jpg

NERDS? NERDS!

56689.jpg

*Nerin uses level 6 sword slash*
    its super effective
    ogre faints
    ^_^

Ah ,it was a general thing I meant. No offence intended .

I can't post during the day on boards as I am out working ,I don't have the incling to participate in threads in the evening apart from ones of fact.

So basically ,what I meant was ,where do you get the time to be so productive on boards and earn some money.
    *awaiting job*
    also, i dont sleep

56689.jpg

*Nerin uses level 6 sword slash*
    its super effective
    ogre faints
    ^_^

Dork.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Dunno ,but some take offence to it .

You're the one who said the above... I need an email address to fill up wth spam in retaliation :)

Karoma wrote: »
    Dork.
    Geek

Geek

Dweeb.

Karoma wrote: »
    Dweeb.
    Screech

• Advertisement

*runs off to cry and make world's worst sex video*

Stop taking these threads off-topic, you muppet!

Advertisement