Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD doctor over the summer

Options
  • 21-05-2008 2:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭

Just wondering does anyone know if the UCD Doc is available over the summer months? Its much handier than shelling out €50 to the local doctor...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Tan Princess

I'm pretty sure they are available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Yes the doctor is available over the summer though I presume things like the contraception clinic etc wont be running.
    And theres no smear testing available, due to a lack of staff/resources that has been disbanded since April.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

That was a limited service anyway, it was only available to those over 25.

The health service run a very reduced service over the summer, doctors aren't always available as a lot of the ones who just come in for an afternoon or two a week don't do it over the summer.

Also bear in mind if you're a final year, you cannot access the health centre now. They only take ongoing students in the summer and I don't think it matters if you've been accepted for a postgrad either.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭An Bradán Feasa

Is that true? I thought they accepted you once your Student Card was still valid - the current ones won't expire until 30th September 2008.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

That's what it says on teh door anyways.

• Advertisement
Advertisement