Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kinsale

Options
  • 21-05-2008 8:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭

Anybody been to Kinsale? Was thinking of going in summer. Much to do there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

I always think it's more of a place to "chill out" - lots of pubs and restaurants, a few nightclubs. Nice beaches near by. A lot of history in the town - and walks, Charles Fort is another historical site - you should check it out www.kinsale.ie.

Note - there is an arts festival beginning on the 12th July - so the place will be buzzing then - concerts at the Fort etc. fireworks. There's always something happening in Kinsale.

But as I said, I think it's best to go when you want to chill out.

Have fun.

J

• Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I concur, not a lot to do there but take in the surroundings. Though lots of stuff to see if you travel around it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 jamesy-p

good night-life; few sights around, only geared for american tourists though.

arts week in mid july and regatta august bank holiday will be really good though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

I'd suggest going a little further west to Clonakilty, Kinsale has a lot of scenery but not that much to do. Clonakilty has a much better nightlife and plenty of restaurants to choose from.

Advertisement