Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jim Gannon - Stockport boss

• 21-05-2008 9:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭

We all know about famous modern managers refusing to speak to television stations because of perceived wrongs in their coverage - but what about Stockport boss Jim Gannon? He, reportedly, is not cooperating with Sky before the club's play-off League Two play-off final against Rochdale because of a nine-month customer relations dispute over his defective Sky box. (Daily Mail)

Thought that was hilarious to be honest :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Death or Glory

Stockport are our feeder club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Didn't David James do the same thing a while back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

What a legend. Former Dundalk manager as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Fair play to him, a man of principle! If only I could have the profile to make a public statement as such about UK Banks, which wont fricking accept a Sky TV bill, or a mobile phone bill as proof of address.....move with the times people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Didn't David James do the same thing a while back?

yes. it took them ages to install his new dish when he moved to Pompey, so he refused to talk to them until it was done IIRC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

ibh wrote: »
    What a legend. Former Dundalk manager as well.

don't ever refer to Jim Gannon as a legend and use dundalk in the same sentence , I'm taking back what i said about looking out for your posts now! I think you talk a pile of shíte ;)

don't ever refer to Jim Gannon as a legend and use dundalk in the same sentence , I'm taking back what i said about looking out for your posts now! I think you talk a pile of shíte ;)

I'll admit that it does look bad... I had originally just got "what a legend".. In reference to letting a domestic problem interfere with work. Then i thought i'd point out that he was a former Dundalk manager. I should have also added, "but he's still a cnut".
    My bad...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

ibh wrote: »
    I'll admit that it does look bad... I had originally just got "what a legend".. In reference to letting a domestic problem interfere with work. Then i thought i'd point out that he was a former Dundalk manager. I should have also added, "but he's still a cnut".
    My bad...

Okay , I feel so much better now that we both agree that you don't talk shít and that Jim Gannon is a cúnt. All is good with the world.
    Oh and your back on my list now.

Okay , I feel so much better now that we both agree that you don't talk shít and that Jim Gannon is a cúnt. All is good with the world.
    Oh and your back on my list now.

Sweet as...

I'll have to read through my posts before hitting 'submit' in future;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

there is a nice little Irish contingent playing for stockport at the moment as well.

Gary Dicker
    Leon McSweeney
    Stephen Gleeson (loan from Wolves)
    Conrad Logan (loan from leicester)

they are in the play off final on Monday against Rochdale i think!

• Advertisement
Advertisement