Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waiting for concrete to dry

• 21-05-2008 9:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭

This day last week, our builder poured the concrete into our foundations.
    I know he needs to let it dry, but he hasnt been back since.
    I am just wondering how long the concrete takes to dry?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 899 ✭✭✭bauderline

I think that's normal enough. I had structural screed poured on Monday and they won't go near it again until next Monday.

If he doesn't appear by next Monday then its time to put foot to backside...

b.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

concrete doesnt dry it cures, and as it cures it gets stronger over time, the common time spans are 7 days or 28 days

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭SillyMonkey

Sorry have to ask, whats the difference between drying and curing?

Thanks.

Curing is when it goes hard, drying out is moisture evaporating away from it, concrete underground may never "dryout" due to the moisture in the soil.

Advertisement