Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible to outrun/avoid 3/4 stars

• 21-05-2008 10:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

Every now and then (usually just after a save ;)) I like to let loose and shoot some pedestrians and then some cops. Usually this leads to a high speed chase and 3 stars on my screen, sometimes more. And this usually ends in me dying. I had one last night, where I got on the motorway in a fast car, but every time I was about to leave the "circle of wantedness", another cop car came baling into the front of me and moved the circle. I hid for a little while and called Kiki but she couldn't help. I tried to get to a pay and spray but every time I approached one, a cop car came out of nowhere and I got the depressing 'a cop car saw you enter' message.

I assume it's possible to get away from the cops -- isn't there an achievement associated with it -- but it seems to be above my skill level. Is the motorway a bad idea? Should I be staying on city streets and taking convoluted routes? Any tips would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

I prefer to use the streets rather than the motorway but driving as fast as possible.The AI seems more prone to crashes when going around corners, so throw in a few, and try to get to your safehouse and make a save. That clears your wanted level. Happy Days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Wetbench4 wrote: »
    try to get to your safehouse and make a save. That clears your wanted level. Happy Days

That I did not know. Has it always been that way in GTA? I'm guessing you can't do that in the middle of a mission, though?

AFAIK its been in all the GTA's. I'm not 100% on whether you can do it mid mission because it takes 6 game hours when you save game and by then mission would be over. Usually when you complete the mission your wanted level vanishes anyway.

If your in alderney, try using the tunnel. If your lucky you will outrun the cops behind you, but stop short of the exit. There's usually a roadblock there. You need to be out of the search area, but don't leave the tunnel.It sounds a bit dodgy I know,but it's worked for me a few times.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Going to a safehouse and having a kip will clear your level, it is possible to just outrun them though. I was aiming for the esacpe 4star level acheivment and so speeding around town to get to a pay'n'spray and just happend to escape the wanted level circle. Best thing to do once you get out of the circle though is just come to a complete stop and wait at the next turning until it clears as if you carry on driving you'll just run into more cops.

• Advertisement

Also when you get outside the wanted circle, keep an eye on you map and find an area with no cops, then just stop driving and wait and with a bit of luck you won't get spotted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Heading into the subway tunnels seems to be an easy way to get away from a high wanted level also.

Stephen wrote: »
    Heading into the subway tunnels seems to be an easy way to get away from a high wanted level also.

Oh yeah, I stumbled across that before, and forgot completely about it. Also, I was in Alderney which doesn't appear to have the subway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

Also, your wanted level dissappears when you start missions (i'm not sure if this is the case for all missions or just some missions, but it certainly worked for me yesterday - caused 3-star mayhem then went to Elizabeta's to start a mission and stars went away.

Can someone tell me about the surviving for 5 minutes on 6 wanted-stars achievement? I followed a tip video yesterday where I did the following:
    * went to helitours an nicked a chopper
    * drove over the 3rd island which I have yet to unlock to get 6 wanted-stars level
    * flew chopper to the statue of happiness and jumped out on the platform with the 4 doors visible, then went through the secret door into the inside (where you can see the 'heart of the city'
    * waited for 5 minutes (cops cannot come into this secret area) and expected to get some achievement
    * nothing happened after 5 minutes - went outside and died shortly after

Anyone know what the craic is with this 5 minute survival jobbie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

I've been using the subway most of the time!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

jArgHA wrote: »
    Also, your wanted level dissappears when you start missions (i'm not sure if this is the case for all missions or just some missions, but it certainly worked for me yesterday - caused 3-star mayhem then went to Elizabeta's to start a mission and stars went away.

Can someone tell me about the surviving for 5 minutes on 6 wanted-stars achievement? I followed a tip video yesterday where I did the following:
    * went to helitours an nicked a chopper
    * drove over the 3rd island which I have yet to unlock to get 6 wanted-stars level
    * flew chopper to the statue of happiness and jumped out on the platform with the 4 doors visible, then went through the secret door into the inside (where you can see the 'heart of the city'
    * waited for 5 minutes (cops cannot come into this secret area) and expected to get some achievement
    * nothing happened after 5 minutes - went outside and died shortly after

Anyone know what the craic is with this 5 minute survival jobbie?

Have you used any cheats? A number of them will block achievements once used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭abraxas01

Trick to getting away is to watch your map and watch where the cops are coming from, keep taking routes that take you away from the cops coming towards you and behind you, and keep your foot on the accelerator. Also, don't hesitate to take to foot and jump walls. Cops take a while to catch up when you're on foot and jump/climb walls into areas where large sections are walled off. If you find a car straight away, it gives you a bit of time to put distance between you and them. Took me 4 minutes 54 seconds to get away (apparently they don't like it when you drive down the airport runway), got the achievement as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Managed to outrun a 6 star a few nights ago.
    Went to to the driving range and entered it with a 3 start rating.
    Kept shooting the cops as they came to get to 5 star.
    Then you run down to the end of the driving range, the cops won't follow you down ther for some reason.
    Use the sniper rifle to brign down the helis, who are too high up to hit you (now thats fun)
    Once you have the six stars, shoot your way out to the side of the range where there wil be lovely police boats for you to shoot and rob. Hit the open seas for a few mins and you'll outrun them no prob.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Alternatively, just kill yourself to clear your wanted level.

TC

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

Or call your cousin for a cab, get in the cab and fast track it to where ya want to go! wait a few seconds and you loose your stars!

Ravage1616 wrote: »
    Or call your cousin for a cab, get in the cab and fast track it to where ya want to go! wait a few seconds and you loose your stars!

Never considered that. Tried to hail a cab as a passenger one time, but the driver just jumped out and ran away :)

Advertisement