Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please critique this diet

• 21-05-2008 10:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

I think I'm posting this in the correct place, didn't want to put it in the fitness forum since I'm looking for help with my diet not my training.

My ultimate goal is to get down to 12% bf and by May 2009, I'm currently at 18-19% bf. I cleaned up my diet 3 weeks ago and below is what I have been eating.....

Non-training Days: (soccer training 2 x a week and 1 x interval cardio session a week also)
    breakfast - 2 x small beef burgers or 3 x boiled eggs
    snack - protein shake (1 scoop)
    lunch - salad, 1 x boiled egg, 3 slices of beef or ham
    snack - 1/2 tub cottage cheese
    Get home and do cardio or have soccer training
    snack - protein shake (1 scoop)
    dinner - salad (olive oil and balsamic vinegar dressing) or brocolli with meat (never exceeds 500cals)
    I also take 4x fish oil capsuals per day

Training Days: (lift weights 4 x per week)
    same as above but before I go to the gym I have 2 x bricks shredded wheat with 150mls of milk and take 200mls of pineapple juice after training with my protein shake.

What do people think? Any help with this is appreciated, I want to get it right from the beginning so I get the results I want.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

Not enough fruit and veg and lack of enough good fats e.g. nuts, seeds, avocadoes, fish, etc

Diet should be at least 30% fat - all from good fats.

In general your going overboard on the protein and the quality is not great at times e.g. slices of ham, burgers, etc options tuna, mackeral, chicken, turkey, lean beef etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Lots more vegetable need. Keep the protein for after training, eat real food the rest of the time.

Advertisement