Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June Beers - Thursday the 5th, Fibbers

Options
  • 21-05-2008 10:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭

I'm thinking it's time to get some beering going on this here forum again.

There's a few new names on the forum here and it'd be good to meet a few more like-minded individuals. So whether you are old or new here why not come along? :D

I am thinking the 5th (Thursday) or 6th (Frida) of June. I'm open for suggestions on where to hold it. Fibbers is usually a favourite for Thursdays because it's cheap. I really don't care where we go...

Only pre-requisites are... none really. Just make sure you can get into the pub/club i.e over 18 and post from time to time on the forum of course.

If you don't drink that's fine, DamoElDiablo doesn't either ;)

Wanna come drinking with us? 12 votes

I will be there!
    0%
    No chance in hell!
    50%
    HomerJayLe RackWillRazielDoomgaterannerapThe Artist 6 votes
    Maybe, I'm undecided
    50%
    feylyadbs_sailorCrumble Frootread_softly[Deleted User]BJC 6 votes

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I can do Thursday or Friday really... and maybe I'll get up off me arse and make an effort for this one :)

*whispers* Pre-beers piiiieeerciiiing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Hint: Don't have a pre-beers tattoo, as even if you don't drink, it may bleed quite a bit through your shirt...

:D That Thursday or Friday sounds good to me Wilburt!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

No chance in hell!
    jenizzle wrote: »
    *whispers* Pre-beers piiiieeerciiiing :D

We tried that last time, it was only me and fantasy_suicide who went through with it. I got my labret pierced under the current one and she got her conch done.

Personally I'd like to see a few people who haven't shown up before actually come and have a laugh with us. We are a nice bunch.

Any preferences on location?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

If it's on the Friday I'll try at least stick my foot in the door. Keep trying to take pics of the UV tattoos but they always seem to show up far more visible on the camera than they are in RL for some reason.:confused:
    As such a show and tell might be the only way to sate folks curiousity about them. Even have a small UV torch that works on the tattoo ink (as opposed to bringing some big clunky blacklight tube lamp).
    Think the likes of Fibbers would be ok for me, any classy joint I've ever been dragged along to usually told me I don't look the part (which at least gave me the excuse to go home and leave the others to their piss-up:D).

If I can't come sure maybe if folks are hanging about town beforehand I could arrange to cross pathes, tend to be around town for a while most Friday evenings anyhow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Cherryvega

I can make the Thursday! Gots works on Fridays :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 wheresmysheep

Wilburt wrote: »
    We tried that last time, it was only me and fantasy_suicide who went through with it. I got my labret pierced under the current one and she got her conch done.

Personally I'd like to see a few people who haven't shown up before actually come and have a laugh with us. We are a nice bunch.

Any preferences on location?
    weren't nice to me few weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

No chance in hell!
    I'm there! Totally on for pre beers modding too, wanna get my next ink asap

No chance in hell!
    "weren't nice to me few weeks ago."

Huh? Sorry what?

Twas sarcasm, when i first posted, I said somethin about inkwell and you assumed I was just here to plug it when i'm not. but anyways.

No chance in hell!
    Oh ok, well sorry if I offended you. :)

• Advertisement

Thanks. Was just a bit taken-a-back by it, so lurked for a bit and seen the peoples that come and go so I can see why you'd say/ jump to that conclusion. but anyways, is it this piss up open to wierdo's too? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭RazielDoomgate

No chance in hell!
    thursday hmmm. something normaly goes with that.. oh i know. fibers :D

No chance in hell!
    thursday hmmm. something normaly goes with that.. oh i know. fibers :D
    what he said!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Hmm, Thursday is usually fibbers day for me, but I'm going to Amsterdam on the friday morning, and might be staying in herself's house the night before, if it's on the thursday it might be doable though, I'd like to be at a "proper" beers for once!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

Maybe, I'm undecided
    ooh!ooh!ooh!ooh!

fibbers! 4am! yay! open! yay! home soon! yay! bodmod beers! yay!

hehe, hope ye enjoy yerselves, ill not be there this time, but i *demand* beers in september when im home, in fibbers, and a prebeers piercing in inkwell would also be quite possible. i know there's a few of ye ill more than likely end up going out with either ways, but still, would be sweet to get a full one going too.

hehe, im so excited about coming home :D

Breathe Crumble, breathe... either that or cut back on the caffeine and sugar. :p

Maybe you should insist that they print out a lifesize cutout of you and bring it along so you can be there in spirit (or soaked in spirits on the floor, same dif...:D).

Maybe, I'm undecided
    i like the soaked in spirits idea... haha... and as for breathing... i found out my mate was planning on flying me home to see my fave band at about 6.20am while i was on the bus, i had to suppress squeals at that point... texted another mate to tell her and she pointed out id be home about the same time to see boosh as well, and i had to spend about an hour trying to contain the urge to jump dance and shout, and just made do with grinning maniacally at people on the bus,a nd dancing penguinlike on the walk from bus to work... got in the front door and told the first people i see, barely able to catch my breath and seriously overheated from all the excitement.

think i weirded them out a bit... :/

think i weirded them out a bit... :/

Another thing for a specific type of secret deed of the day....
    <.<
    >.>
    <( )>
    (>)>
    <(<)
    lol

Maybe, I'm undecided
    technically, that was yesterday, and i got home from work and slept over 12hrs yesterday, so didnt get the chance to mention it then :D

No chance in hell!
    you coming back for good or just a holiday?

Anymore takers for the night out?

I'd say sarannewrap will come along and maybe fantasy suicide also.

• Advertisement

Maybe, I'm undecided
    yeah, though emz isnt usually all that great for weekday nights...

and nah, just a holiday. you've met my mate mark? he's flying me home to see elbow, cos he knows i love em lots :D early 21st pressy, he says.

not 100% happening... but at least 90% :)

No chance in hell!
    emz's bday is on the verge...she text last week about it...ah I'm sure we'll get a few people together!

and yay for ni!!! I hear a mate of mine talk about elbow a lot...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Emz's invitations were deadly, just annoyed that it's on a date that I can't go :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Think I'll buzz down and check this out, remind me yeah?

No chance in hell!
    yeah i'll give ye an aul text bud...hopefully...what usually happens, half way through the night when we're all well oiled we suddenly realise someone is missing as we all scramble for the phones roarin ah crap and then send abuse to whoever's not there for not being there....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

What are they like on I.D. in there?

No chance in hell!
    fibbs? not really sure about guys, from what i've seen if you dont look the part ie if your not wearing black/band tees/leather or dont have long hair/visible tatts/piercings they tend to id you, i could be wrong but this is what i've seen.

as for girls they're totally flakey, sometimes strict on me sometimes act like they've known me all their lives, and im fairly regular there

Hahaha, so if i let the facial hair grow, and wear a black band tshirt id be good to get in?
    And my left ear is quite obviously stretched
    I'm 18 in 4 months like, so its not like i look 12 or anything.

No chance in hell!
    lol, ye'd be suprised love, I know a lad that's been going in there since he was 16, never ID'd but purely cuz he's prob been shaving since he was 10! n has mods n stuff...
    anyway, they also tend to get slack on ID later into the evening cuz they know full well youngins are tryna get in early to avoid the cover charge n get the cheap drink...last few times I've been going in between half ten and twelve and only been ID'd once or twice...

• Advertisement

Haha, grand job, i'll give it a go then, depends on my money situation really, i put myself down as a maybe!

hope i can go, would be cool, to meet the people behind the keyboards! :D

Advertisement