Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So the opinions are coming in - SATC Movie

Options
  • 21-05-2008 10:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭

This appears to be getting slated by the critics, even those who were very heavy fans of the series. It's being called poorly written, over indulgent and "more like 6 episodes strung together than a film".

So, the big question..... does it matter? Do the fans even care what the critics think....or is it even about being a solid, enjoyable and well written film or is it just about the Fab Four making it to the big screen together?

Ladies, your opinions please!

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

*Shush* I haven't seen it!!! its not out till this week:p
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

My question is more based around does it matter?

If the new Batman got slated by critics i wouldn't give a **** and would shell out my hard earned dosh regardless.....it's Batman!

I'm excited about having a dolly girl night out for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Makes no difference to me what critics say....they're mainly a bunch of moany feckers anyway. Can't wait to see it.

Clare Bear wrote: »
    Makes no difference to me what critics say....they're mainly a bunch of moany feckers anyway. Can't wait to see it.

LoL, nicely sums them up i think!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭RuailleBuaille

Those who can, do. Those who cant, become critics.
    I reckon, like everything else, you should make up your own mind. Same buzz with the new Indy movie, not getting good reviews but I won't miss it for the world.
    TBH I'm not really into SATC (please don't ban me ladies!) but I'll be interested to see where they go with it after tying it up so neatly in the final episode...

What the bloody hell is wrong with my typing, I missed nearly every vowel!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Dragan wrote: »
    My question is more based around does it matter?

If the new Batman got slated by critics i wouldn't give a **** and would shell out my hard earned dosh regardless.....it's Batman!

Wait... does that mean you went to see Batman and Robin in the cinema?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I'd imagine it's more to do with hype.

I'm no fan of SATC but I'd imagine that the critics were waiting to pan it simply as it was the movie of a TV show. It would be unable to live uip to it's hype.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

We just need some closure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I'll rent it when it comes out, I'd imagine. Not pushed about it at all.

• Advertisement

Wait... does that mean you went to see Batman and Robin in the cinema?

Yes i did.

I walked out 15 mins in.

At least i tried!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I've been informed I'm being taken to this on Wednesday by someone workin' in the cinema. Woo.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

And this is the reason crappy sequels, remakes, prequels, adaptations and spoofs are being constantly churned out by hollywood.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

True enough. People will pay to watch any old schlock.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Star Wars Episode 1.

Destroyed what little faith I had in science fiction.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Ill still go and see it - need to review it myself, not let someone else go and do it for me!!

Can we agree to have a seperate thread with SPOILERS in the title when its comes out for people to discuss the plot..so not to ruin it for anyone who hasnt seen it yet..but doesnt want to read about it..because I dont think ill get to see it in the next couple of weeks (it might be booked up!).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

i never actually watched SATC when it was on tv but i'm really looking forward to the film just for the chick flick girly night out aspect of it! same with indiana jones, i know it wont be as good as the others but i still cant wait just cos its indy!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

It's being called poorly written, over indulgent and "more like 6 episodes strung together than a film".

A tautology?

Advertisement