Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Macroom - Wireless broadband - the Glenties / the Hermitage

Options
  • 21-05-2008 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭

Hi,

hope someone can help on this - I'm looking at a house in the Glenties / hermitage - want to check if mobile broadband works there??? PLEASE SAY YES!!!

c.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

cjmcork wrote: »
    Hi,

hope someone can help on this - I'm looking at a house in the Glenties / hermitage - want to check if mobile broadband works there??? PLEASE SAY YES!!!

c.

Hey! I live in the Hermitage and we use 3's mobile broadband there, it works great during the daytime, my wife uses it for working from home and she has no problems with it. It does get a little slower at night time though as more people hop on the network.

According to Eircom the exchange on the west of the town where the Hermitage/Glenties is will be enabled by the end of the year, but you know yourself what they're like, I'm still living in hope :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

hallelujah - thanks for that - couldn't cope with being cut off from the outside world!!! thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 khye

I was speaking to the guy down in the exchange recently (Mick D) he was telling me that the delay in the broadband rollout in macroom was actually due to the equipment in the exchange..
    They had run out of circuits even though the cable itself is in place, i was told that they have plenty circuits available now though...

I am living up a few miles from masseytown and we got the (wired) broadband connected last year..even though people in the town were unable to get it...

But you should be ok now though...

heard that the houses in the hermitage are steel-framed - are there noise transferrance issues (sorry mods, I know this is off topic)

heard that the houses in the hermitage are steel-framed - are there noise transferrance issues (sorry mods, I know this is off topic)

Yes, they are stell framed alright. Our neighbour is very rarely there but when he is there we can't hear him that much tbh. I wouldnt say there are any problems with noise, the part of the estate we live in is nice and peaceful.

• Advertisement

trotter, thanks for that - am a little worried about the noise issue.....lived in a timber framed house before and it was shocking..........to be fair, the concrete build I lived in wasn't great either!

trotter, thanks for that - am a little worried about the noise issue.....lived in a timber framed house before and it was shocking..........to be fair, the concrete build I lived in wasn't great either!

One of neighbours in the Hermitage is living in a detached house, he used to live in a demi-detached in the Glenties, I can ask him if he had any noise issues when he was living there and see what he thinks.

that would be great - thanks - but if you're living in a semi in the Hermitage, sure that's all i need, i think?:)

Just wondering where people who live in the Hermitage or the Glenties have their RTE Aerial (in the attic or on the house itself)????

Advertisement