Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jumbo jets in Ireland

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Aer Lingus were "advised" to buy European. "advised" with a finacnial incentive! Very democratic! Hence the cut ties with Beoing.
    They were running all 747-100 series. Never had 200's.
    @ workaccount - Dublin has 2 runways, Shannon one. (I think there's a small 2nd one in Shannon, from what I remember in Flight Sim!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

Biro wrote: »
    Aer Lingus were "advised" to buy European. "advised" with a finacnial incentive! Very democratic! Hence the cut ties with Beoing.
    They were running all 747-100 series. Never had 200's.
    @ workaccount - Dublin has 2 runways, Shannon one. (I think there's a small 2nd one in Shannon, from what I remember in Flight Sim!)

I was surprised to hear recently that Charles de Gaulle in Paris has only one runway. Is this correct?

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

I was surprised to hear recently that Charles de Gaulle in Paris has only one runway. Is this correct?

Wikipedia says 4:

Orientation|Length (ft)|Length (m)|Surface
    08L/26R|13,829ft|4,215m|Asphalt
    08R/26L|8,858ft|2,700m|Concrete
    09L/27R|8,858ft|2,700m|Asphalt
    09R/27L|13,780ft|4,200m|Asphalt

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭FunkyDa

Spotted in Dublin, today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

Does anyone know of any good photography books depicting airplanes and/or helicopters?

I found it quite strange that amazon has little.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Does anyone know of any good photography books depicting airplanes and/or helicopters?

I found it quite strange that amazon has little.

Go into Easons or Charlie Byrnes Bookshop in the Cornstore, as your in Galway if you like PM me and il meet you and give you some Air Corps material if you like!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭jucylucy

Gents,
    just because you don't see the aircraft in Dublin dose not mean that there is not another big Irish airline!!!!! Air Contractors is a big Irish airline....16ATRs & 1 Herc and soon will have 3 x B747 -200 freighters on it's AOC. They also have 5 A300s leased to DHL also!

1st post and all and its in our forum! Jucylucy welcome!

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

jucylucy wrote: »
    Gents,
    just because you don't see the aircraft in Dublin dose not mean that there is not another big Irish airline!!!!! Air Contractors is a big Irish airline....16ATRs & 1 Herc and soon will have 3 x B747 -200 freighters on it's AOC. They also have 5 A300s leased to DHL also!
    Looking at their fleet size, they almost have as many planes as Aer Lingus ! :eek:

http://www.aircontractors.com/detail.aspx?page=Fleet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 benbulbin

Ireland West airport had a couple of 747 charters in over the years. Someone put a few pics on Flickr of a flight to South Africa in 2003.

2135563684_d211122d22_b.jpg

2135583312_ff74842c2b_b.jpg

2134809183_9bc227d01a_b.jpg

• Advertisement

Good stuff, thanks for sharing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Steyr wrote: »
    Are you sure as i snapped her in Jan or Feb i think? ? Il have a look at my piccies for the date, the AN124's still come into EINN but not as much as they used to.

I left my job in SNN in Mid-February and it had stopped by then. Id guess at either December or early January

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

I heard a rumour before that a charter flight were using a 747 running from Knock, so I e-mailed them to make sure. Confirmed that it was a 747. Went to Knock to see it, but alas - it was a 767. Still impressive in Knock, but nothing like a 747. If anyone knows of one going into Knock, post up a thread here!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Melion wrote: »
    I left my job in SNN in Mid-February and it had stopped by then. Id guess at either December or early January

February sounds about right- I am certain it was not last year at any rate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

Anybody know who operates the 747 into Dublin sometimes. The two last times I stayed in Bewleys overlooking the airport I could see what looked to be a white 747 parked around where the EI A330's are parked. Both times was around 2AM when it appeared and it was gone when I woke up around 6AM.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭wittymoniker

probably 'dubai 1', maktoum is a regular over here to buy horses.

Advertisement