Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless BB

Options
  • 21-05-2008 11:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I want broadband but not sure which to get, hopin to be able to use it at home and out n bout (country as well). Are the likes of O2, vodafone and 3 my only options and which are the best? Also what are they like for downloading music, movies etc as i hope to be able to do so, Any help much appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

3G is not wireless broadband, but they are pretty much the only ones you can use in various random locations. Avoid Three. O2 and Vodafone are your best bet. O2 have EDGE, which can give decent speeds in non 3G areas.

Speeds, reliability, coverage will all vary on your loaction, weather, environment, number of users in the same sector, and a whole host of other things that are outside your control, and that of the operator. The caps tend to be low (5G Vodafone, 10G O2), so mass downloading will be limited.

Think of it as better than the likes of Ripwave and Clearwire, but not quite broadband.

Advertisement