Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2 week insurance?

Options
  • 21-05-2008 11:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭

I'll be needing the use of my father's car for 2 weeks in June, and I'm just wondering if any insurance company will insure me on it for that duration of time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

Max_Damage wrote: »
    I'll be needing the use of my father's car for 2 weeks in June, and I'm just wondering if any insurance company will insure me on it for that duration of time.

just get added as a permanant named driver or it will cost 150+ for two weeks and some insurers dont allow this - named driver will probably be free depending on who you are with. are you over 25 witha full licence ? you may be allowed to drive any car with owners permission if you are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

JoeySully wrote: »
    just get added as a permanant named driver or it will cost 150+ for two weeks and some insurers dont allow this - named driver will probably be free depending on who you are with. are you over 25 witha full licence ? you may be allowed to drive any car with owners permission if you are

I'm 21 with a full licence. I'm already a named driver on my mother's car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

do you have a fone ?:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

If your the main driver on your K10 you might be covered to drive other cars 3rd party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Get added as a temp additional driver on your dads insurance or do a temp change of vehicle on your own insurance

• Advertisement
Advertisement