Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claire Keegan - Walk the blue fields

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭randomguy

Read it last year and really really liked it. Something classic and timeless about her style. Was after reading "That they may face the rising sun" and I thought there was a similar voice and style there. Not in a derivative way, in a good way. I think both share a timeless quality (you can't tell when the stories are taking place, whether in the 70s or now).

Saw her in the Irish Times recently and it reminded me that I want to read those stories again (but I gave the book to my mother, so not going to happen for the moment).

I think she has another book, and that it got a lot of publicity when it came out, I might go googling...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Lizzykins

I got it as a Christmas present and absolutely loved it and I'd usually run a mile from short stories as a rule. I gave it to a couple of other people as presents.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭OldBloke

Great book - I saw her do a reading from it last year at the Peacock and she signed my copy of her first book Antartica - which was nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Claire was at the Ennis book festival and read from this book (Night of the Quicken Trees).

She is working on a novel and another short story collection at the moment.

Advertisement