Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gettting checked out my men you work with...

Options
  • 21-05-2008 12:50pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So ladies does it offend you??
    I dont mean in the way that some creepy office weirdo its panting at you.

But if you come in to work and you notice the lads check you out.. offended or flattered??

Where I work there's about an 80:20 split in favour of women, some are really gorgeous and everytime they walk by my desk i throw a glance their way... Am I a perve!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭Karen_*

I'd be offended but thats because I'm alone here in the office with my 60 year old boss. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

I work with mainly guys so I'm well used to it (as in there's 3 girls and about 60 men so it's going to happen!!), doesn't bother me in the slightest....would be worse if they were repulsed by my appearance and vomited everytime I walked past :D

Just don't do it in a really pervy way. That can be a bit creepy.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Am I a perve!?

:) Yes

Ah no your just a red blooded man, once you're not in the car park in night visions after work I think it's ok... They're probably checking you out too when you're not looking :pac::p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Have to say I absolutely love it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

xzanti wrote: »
    They're probably checking you out too when you're not looking :pac::p

I like your thinking xzanti!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Dudess wrote: »
    Have to say I absolutely love it.

Now if only you were one of these girls I was checking out :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

So ladies does it offend you??
    I dont mean in the way that some creepy nerd its panting at you.

But if you come in to work and you notice the lads check you out.. offended or flattered??

Isn't it great the way that little distinction between whether it's flattering or harrassment works...:p

Glad I've never been checking out my female co-workers, pretty certain I'm a nerd so I'd be in a hape'o'trouble.:(

farohar wrote: »
    Isn't it great the way that little distinction between whether it's flattering or harrassment works...:p

Glad I've never been checking out my female co workers, pretty certain I'm a nerd so I'd be in a hape'o'trouble.:(

Sorry I'll edit that.. but I worked with a really creep guy before who was in my college course and he freaked all of the girls out so much just by looking at them... One day in work a girl got some chocolate on her top... he said he would be happy to wash the chocolate off for her... (wet t shirt) but deadly serious and creepy...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Clare Bear wrote: »
    I work with mainly guys so I'm well used to it (as in there's 3 girls and about 60 men so it's going to happen!!), doesn't bother me in the slightest....would be worse if they were repulsed by my appearance and vomited everytime I walked past :D

Just don't do it in a really pervy way. That can be a bit creepy.

So if I sat at your desk in my boxers waiting for you thats a no no?

MikeySligo wrote: »

Thanks coffee all over my desk :D:D

I cycle in and would usually pop by my desk in my shorts if im running late to quickly check my emails needless to say I say that freaks anyone out!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

MikeySligo wrote: »

Depends on how horny I'm feeling that day.:pac:

Lets leave these 2 to it :D:D

See you in the morning so..... :D

Sorry I'll edit that.. but I worked with a really creep guy before who was in my college course and he freaked all of the girls out so much just by looking at them... One day in work a girl got some chocolate on her top... he said he would be happy to wash the chocolate off for her... (wet t shirt) but deadly serious and creepy...

No need to apologise, just pointing out how the distinction between flattery & creepy leering oft times seems to work.;)
    It's like how I pointed out a few times on this forum how a former female co-worker used to complain about lads checking out her ass but then complain when they didn't at times where she was clearly just attentionwhoring and looking for an egoboost.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭MLE

I'd be flattered unless you were a creep...

farohar wrote: »
    It's like how I pointed out a few times on this forum how a former female co-worker used to complain about lads checking out her ass but then complain when they didn't at times where she was clearly just attentionwhoring and looking for an egoboost.

Yeah I worked with a girl like that, she came to work everyday looking immaculate and on staff nights out every lad was trying it on, she told the lads that she wouldnt date anyone from work.

Monday morning... she was not checked out.. Same for the week. Then she met one of the lads and she was checked out again and she was back to being happy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

I like it when the lads check me out. But when you get the creepy guy who just leers, or the married guy who's constantly trashing his wife while making borderline inappropriate comments to you... yeah not so nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

I think in most cases it would be that girls like guys to be caught discreetly checking them out.

Unless of course they are old/smelly/the boss/making inappropriate comments!

And I think a lot of girls who complain about innocuous ogling are doing so because blatantly stating "that guy is checking me out" seems a bit vain!

Personally I see no harm in it - quite like it! ;)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Nothing wrong with harmless checking out, its flattering.

Its the inappropriate comments & staring at chest that I find annoying.

I don't look to see if people are checking me out. I don't check men out.
    I would get vexed if I caught someone in work. I work in almost entirely male envioroments and I think it is unfair to make me feel different.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

Moonbaby wrote: »
    I don't look to see if people are checking me out. I don't check men out.
    I would get vexed if I caught someone in work. I work in almost entirely male envioroments and I think it is unfair to make me feel different.

You work in an almost all-male environment and there's no-one worth checking out????

Moonbaby wrote: »
    I work in almost entirely male envioroments and I think it is unfair to make me feel different.

Assume you pop into the gents every time you need to use the loo so?:p
    You do realise that if you work in a mostly male workplace, as long as there's at least 20 of them odds are at least one is gay and may spend some of the day checking out the lads, so it would not just be you getting a look over in this way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Leeby

It'd make me fairly uncomfortable, but that's probably just because of the kind of place I work. There's about 20 male and 5 female, but everyones good mates. There'd be no flirting around the office or anything, sure we go on nights out and get mad drunk but there's never any flirting, checking eachother out, anything like that.

Maybe we're all just mingin' and equally repulsed by eachother!!

Leeby wrote: »
    Maybe we're all just mingin' and equally repulsed by eachother!!

Maybe you are all too god damn hot, and think you are too good for anyone there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Offended???! Gagging for it springs to mind. But then it's ages since anyone looked at me...

*cue sympathy*

gives ellscur the eyes, puts on best Joey Tribiani voice

ow you doin?

Right I'm back off to BGRH, all this hanging around in here isn't good for a man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Tbh, i don't think i notice it. So, maybe nobody has ever checked me out, ever...or, i'm just not noticing it.

(for the sake of my ego i'm going to go with the 'me=oblivious' :))

So, subtle checking out is fine by my book.

But, the lingering, lip lickin' "i'm picturing him/her in lots of special positions, and wondering if they'll bring their own gimp mask or will want to borrow mine" leering looks are NSFW in my opinion.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,241 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

I could stop and pose. A little humour goes a long way at work, and they generally get the message.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

I too work with mostly men. Sometimes it pisses me off if I catch them leering but other days it gives you a boost. Gave up wearing low cut tops though.

Depends on your mood..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I work with possible an even ratio, and over 1,000 in the establishment. but It really doesnt bother me at all. its actually nice. as clare bear said. . I'd rather them check me out then vomit everytime they wandered by.

Advertisement