Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possibly mistaken

Options
  • 21-05-2008 1:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭

but I thought it was summer! Right now gale force winds, scattered showers the odd spot of sunshine, what the fcuk to wear. Surely not my winter duds, but my summer attire will not protect me from the chilling winds and rain. I suppose I could do the layering with cottons, linens the lot. Would I be creating a new fashion statement to reflect the irish weather?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Its awful isnt it. The wind is so fricken cold!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Feel free to berate my complete and utter ignorance of the realms of fashion, but....
    could you not wear a jacket/top, possibly a scarf too, these things can be tied around the waist should the day improve?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

*looks out window* not a tree moving, but cloudy. weather can be different in different areas, i'm in clonskeagh at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

hairymolly wrote: »
    but I thought it was summer! Right now gale force winds, scattered showers the odd spot of sunshine, what the fcuk to wear. Surely not my winter duds, but my summer attire will not protect me from the chilling winds and rain. I suppose I could do the layering with cottons, linens the lot. Would I be creating a new fashion statement to reflect the irish weather?:confused:
    Yes, it is summer but it's an IRISH summer. Totally different season to a summer in Spain, Italy, France or most other European countries.

The blinding faith of Irish girls (me included) is amazing. Every year we don our linens and cottons with nice summer shoes in anticipation for the 'summer' and then have to sit in work being cold for the whole day and swearing tomorrow we'll wear something warmer - but we never do. Presumably, we are thinking of the hot weather we had for those two weeks in Spain, Greece or wherever and not the breezy, cloudy 18oc summer we ALWAYS have in Ireland with a couple of nice weeks thrown in at September which we affectionately refer to as an INDIAN summer.

Will we ever learn to wear a cardigan and a jacket every day just in case? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

remember last summer :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

For the past two nights i've had to dig out the winter pjs again, so very cold. brrrr...

With the leaving cert dates coming up soon we should be getting two weeks or so of good weather then *fingers crossed*

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Im sitting in my winter dressing gown now. Bought loads of fab summer clothes and heading out tonight for dinner and cant wear any of it. Jeans again.

Christ I hope this summer isn't as bad as last year..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

emo!! wrote: »
    remember last summer :eek:

It was awful want it...the realisation came end of sept that we wernt getting any attempt at summer this year.

Bad bad day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Zeppie

Now girls, I am positive that this summer is going to be a god 'un! I'm off work for the whole summer (on maternity leave) and have my cropped/linen trousers at the ready. I will be trotting around town wearing said clothes and pushing my pram gloating that all my collegues are stuck in a stuffy office!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

cuckoo wrote: »
    With the leaving cert dates coming up soon we should be getting two weeks or so of good weather then *fingers crossed*

haha yeah of course. though really we should be getting a bit now too, what with college exams being on. & the lead up to the lc is usually quite nice out too.. *remembers being chained to the desk staring sadly out the window*

• Advertisement
Advertisement