Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Failed NCT

Options
  • 21-05-2008 2:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hi,

I own an Opel Corsa Eco 1.0 99, my car failed the NCT the other day, on something like headlight alignment and oil temperature, before taking it to a garage and paying for it, is there anyway to fix these problems myself?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Hi,

I own an Opel Corsa Eco 1.0 99, my car failed the NCT the other day, on something like headlight alignment and oil temperature, before taking it to a garage and paying for it, is there anyway to fix these problems myself?

Cheers

headlights are easy
    whats the craic witjh the oil ;too hot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 geezer.ryan

On low idle the temperature was 108 degress. I haven't a clue, and how do you sort the headlights?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

you cant align the lights youself ( properly anyway) go to a garage

as for the oil temp i assume it was too cold ? this is not a problem with you engine i would think just wsnt runnin for long before the test - next time you go in leave it ticking over while you wait to be called.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 geezer.ryan

108 degrees is that cold for engine temp?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

108 degrees is that cold for engine temp?

It's about normal for engine oil for a fully warm engine. Anyway, the nct does not check the engine oil temperature as per se but to check whether the engine is fully warmed for the emission test. I bet your fail is because of too high HC or lambda not close enough for 1.00 at fast idle. If it's HC 108 it would pretty much indicate that your catalytic converter is not cleaning exhaust gases at all at the moment.

You need to get the emission systems checked by a good garage.

• Advertisement
Advertisement