Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Used veg oil - How much per litre?

Options
  • 21-05-2008 2:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭

How much are you getting yours for. I need to know as I will be going bartering soon and will need to know the going rate.

What do restaurants and chippers usually do with their oil anyway?

There is a top gear vid where a guy is getting it for about 3 or pence per litre.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭VH

What do restaurants and chippers usually do with their oil anyway?
    Cadbury's etc take it and use it to make confectionary, after cleaning it of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

I'm paying Tesco 68c per litre. I don't have the facilities for cleaning it. i.e. a shed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

VH wrote: »
    Cadbury's etc take it and use it to make confectionary, after cleaning it of course.

thats disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

towel401 wrote: »
    thats disgusting.
    If you knew half the story about the raw materials that are used to make intermediate products for the food industry you'd probably never eat any mass manufactured foods ever again. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

true. sometimes its better not to know what kind of sh*te you're eating

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

As long as they clean it properly I suppose I should not mind. I drink water every day which was probably used to flush a toilet at some stage.

Advertisement