Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noisy neighbours in Stillorgan. Who can help?

Options
  • 21-05-2008 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

deleted

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

you sound like columbo.

How did you build up so much info on one chap?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sleepless

deleted

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

If you let her know that you're not happy about the noise maybe she'll oblige and keep it down a bit.

As for who her callers are and what they are doing up there, thats beside the point and not really anyone's business. I think its bad form to post the guy's reg number up here by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

put a note on his windscreen maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sleepless

deleted

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Phaetonman

How about you mind your own business?

Its not really the noise is it? Opening wardrobes and running taps?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭adam.number2

Thread should be re-titled... "Nosey neighbours in Stillorgan. Who can help?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

You need to consider a career as a private detective, that’s some serious investigation you’ve done :)

Maybe leave a note on the windscreen with your complaints

I realy don’t know if complaining about using taps and running water is a valid complaint though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭bangersandmash

Phaetonman wrote: »
    How about you mind your own business?

Its not really the noise is it? Opening wardrobes and running taps?
    That's a little harsh. The OP referred to shouting and yelling too. It sounds trivial, but believe me if you work 9-5 and repeatedly get woken at 3am in the morning during the week, it really starts to affect the quality of your work and enjoyment of your apartment after a while.

Having said that, posting the reg number was not really a bright idea OP, and taking photos? Seriously, do not do this. Rather than focusing on the visitor, why didn't you just politely approach her about it in the first place? Talking to the management company is a good idea, and if this doesn't work, then you could approach her yourself now. But be professional about it. The way you are going about this does not paint you in as positive light, as you can see from some of the responses here. You are both owners in this block and you may be living beside each other for some time to come, so be careful how you deal with this.

From my point of view the real blame here lies with the developers who have filled the city will poorly-insulated apartments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Phaetonman

From my point of view the real blame here lies with the developers who have filled the city will poorly-insulated apartments.
    Fully agree there. But if you live there you should realise thats your problem. You can't expect people to all hit the hay at 11pm every night. Telling people not to have sex or showers in their own house is ridiculous whatever hour it is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭bangersandmash

Phaetonman wrote: »
    Fully agree there. But if you live there you should realise thats your problem. You can't expect people to all hit the hay at 11pm every night. Telling people not to have sex or showers in their own house is ridiculous whatever hour it is.
    Of course, but that works both ways. If you buy somewhere with paper-thin walls, you'll need to adjust your behaviour accordingly for the sake of a decent relationship with your neighbours. Apartment living involves making these kind of compromises. Naturally people will have different lifestyles, but I don't believe that shouting or yelling at 3am in the morning, as mentioned by the OP, is acceptable unless we're talking about a college residence.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

That's true - in their efforts to fling up as many shoeboxes as possible, they've created uncomfortable living for many people who can hear far more from their neighbours than they rightly should.

In my apartment, I can easily hear all the doors closing (or banging as it seems to me) in the evening and listen to the sounds of plates being put away in presses. I find it quite intrusive and would love the neighbours to stop making the noise but I know I've no right to this whatsoever - it's not their fault somuch as the poor insulation. It's something I'm keen to try and determine in a place before I ever buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Or maybe we could blame the dept of environment for having crap standards?

Advertisement