Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crisp Flavour Inflation

• 21-05-2008 2:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,058 ✭✭✭✭

Is it me or are crisps getting more and more highly flavoured?

I suspect a flavour inflation with each manufacturer upping the flavour stakes so their product won't seem bland.

Also why can't I get Irish made Lightly Salted crisps?
    Tayto brought one out last year but they'd strip the lining off your mouth they were so salty and contained other stuff other than salt.

Bad Tayto.:mad:
    They could have the perfect salted crisp.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

Hula hoops have a wholegraim no msg version out.... they are very nice.... also m&s put no msg so u don't have that "gasping" feeling

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

MJOR wrote: »
    Hula hoops have a wholegraim no msg version out.... they are very nice....

I thought they tasted like big, salty cheerios. Thumbs down from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

My Dad was a kid when Tayto crisps first came on the scene in the 50s. They were flavourless but you got a wee sachet of salt to shake onto them. Bless. He and his friends wrote to Tayto to say how much they liked the product and they got a big box sent to them for free...

I'll only eat Tayto or King crisps Cheese and Onion flavour. Everthing else is a poor imitaion imho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Also why can't I get Irish made Lightly Salted crisps?
    Tayto brought one out last year but they'd strip the lining off your mouth they were so salty and contained other stuff other than salt.

Bad Tayto.:mad:
    They could have the perfect salted crisp.

Ready salted = 'plain crisps'

YEAUCK!

I think they are an English invention. Irish people don't go for this plain hoo-ha.

Advertisement