Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for a decent camcorder preferably DV tapes

• 21-05-2008 3:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,860 ✭✭✭✭

Hi my current Panasonic DV camera has started to pack up and I'm in the market for a new one I would like to stick with DV camera as I have lots of tapes spanning 8 years, so has anyone spotted any decent ones at a bargain price?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

I got one of these from komplett last week for €194 delivered. Price has gone up by a tenner since then, but still a good price.

Same camera is €250-270 in the shops.

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=346252

The Canon MD205 can be got for around the same money from Elara and if you can collect from Parkwest, there is no delivery charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,860 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Thanks for that I looked at the Sony HC51 and after researching it on AVforums, decided against it as it was not true widescreen.
    As I was in a hurry and further research on Avforums I was looking at either the Panasonic GS90 which was in Argos for €299 or the Canon MD205 which was €219, in the end I went for the Canon MD205, got a bit of a shock when I dropped into Powercity as the Canon was listed as €239, lucky enough when I pointed out the price difference to the sales guy he actually sold it to me for €210 so delighted to pick it up for that, and also lucky to run into a decent salesman in Powercity :)
    I could have spent more on a camera, but I reckon that Standard Def DV Tape camera's will soon be phased out in favour of HiDef cameras so this should keep me going until the technology matures and prices fall.

Thanks again ;)
    fdevine wrote: »
    I got one of these from komplett last week for €194 delivered. Price has gone up by a tenner since then, but still a good price.

Same camera is €250-270 in the shops.

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=346252

The Canon MD205 can be got for around the same money from Elara and if you can collect from Parkwest, there is no delivery charge.

Advertisement