Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfair Ban from PI

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

I assumed something had gone wrong when i attempoted to post the first time as it didnt come up. I did say this in my post

something like

"(sorry if double post, my first doesnt seem to have appeared)"

I didnt receive any warnings or messages telling me that my post had infact been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

I think its harsh cause it wasn't really a PI thread and wasn't really an insult either. If it was a standard PI thread id agree with the ban but not in this case

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

castie wrote: »
    I assumed something had gone wrong when i attempoted to post the first time as it didnt come up. I did say this in my post

something like

"(sorry if double post, my first doesnt seem to have appeared)"

I didnt receive any warnings or messages telling me that my post had infact been deleted.

Thaed???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

faceman wrote: »
    Nothing about the post suggested it was in jest so im not surprised the OP was banned.

If it wasn't ment in jest there would have been obvious venom in it and id say he would have thought of something better than gone off mince

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

pft power trippin mods that smell like beef

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Meh, suppose it's not castie's fault his jokes suck. Some people just aren't funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56004478&postcount=42

Banned for Personal Abuse.

When it was merely a playful remark with him leaving.

Accusing someone of smelling like "gone off mince". If i wanted to insult the guy (not that ive any reason to) im sure i could come up with better.
    Also this is my first Strike (Well according to Thaed anyway, i think its debatable).

I ask for the Ban to be revoked.

Thats not America ..... thats not even Mexico!

So Thaed.

Will you lift this ban?
    I hope you can see that it was not meant as an insult but as a joke which it appears alot of other people have seen it to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

So Thaed.

Will you lift this ban?
    I hope you can see that it was not meant as an insult but as a joke which it appears alot of other people have seen it to be.

Is that an apology?

Its not an apology, as i think i havent done anything wrong.

Its a joke that was mistook by a mod to be an insult when even the person the joke was aimed at laughed it off.

I calling it as it was and hoping Thaed will reconsider the ban with this information.

• Advertisement

6th wrote: »
    Is that an apology?

I don't think it is and I don't see why the OP would have to apologise. It's an explanation which shouldn't have been needed in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Quality wrote: »
    I tell ya, I week with you would sort out all the sh1te!!!

I like your no bullsh1t attitude:cool::cool:

Ah is a different type of forum and I would not be suited to modding it what so ever.
    While I doff my cap to those that do mod it not a hope in any of the 9 rings of Hell would I do it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

colly10 wrote: »
    If it wasn't ment in jest there would have been obvious venom in it and id say he would have thought of something better than gone off mince

An insult doesnt have to be a cutting edge original piece of work to infer personal abuse. I dont really see how people saying the OP would have thought of something better if he wanted to offend justifies it.

No one is looking to "Justifiy It" it doesnt need to be.

On Thaed's first Judgement, it was deemed an insult and a ban insued.
    Now that it is apparent that it was not an insult, Will said Mod reconsider the ban?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I think we should all go and smell some gone off mince and report back here on how it made us feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

I think we should all go and smell some gone off mince and report back here on how it made us feel.
    nyah.
    none here.

*goes off to make fresh mince*
    here human human human
    *slice*
    brb :pac:

Now that it is apparent that it was not an insult, Will said Mod reconsider the ban?

She doesn't seem to like giving answers to questions.

Every poster is expected to read the rules in the charter in PI
    when they fail to adhere to those rules then tough.

The rules of the PI forum were not suspended for that thread and the fact is the no personal abuse rule is site wide, posters are expected to be civil.

Taking a pop at an out going mod who was worked hard and been a wonderful contributor the the personal issues forum with such a comment is not civil posting and it was personal abuse.

Mods to not have to warn and then later on ban.
    Posters are expected to read the charter and abide by the rules while posting.

She doesn't seem to like giving answers to questions.
    FreedomSmiley.png
    in all fairness, not everyone has as much time to burn as losers like me :p

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Every poster is expected to read the rules in the charter in PI
    when they fail to adhere to those rules then tough.

The rules of the PI forum were not suspended for that thread and the fact is the no personal abuse rule is site wide, posters are expected to be civil.

Taking a pop at an out going mod who was worked hard and been a wonderful contributor the the personal issues forum with such a comment is not civil posting and it was personal abuse.

Mods to not have to warn and then later on ban.
    Posters are expected to read the charter and abide by the rules while posting.

Under no circumstances could that have been considered 'having a go' at another poster.

• Advertisement

I still see it as either an insult or rude and uncivil posting both of which are ban worthy.

PI mods do not have the time to investigate what 'exactly' every post meant or implied or what their original intent was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I still see it as either an insult or rude and uncivil posting both of which are ban worthy.

PI mods do not have the time to investigate what 'exactly' every post meant or implied or what their original intent was.
    Thaed, could you try and take the internet even more seriously? I'd love to see what would happen.

Even Marksie didnt appear to take it as an insult. So if the person it is aimed at doesnt think its an insult, How can anyone else?

Even Marksie didnt appear to take it as an insult. So if the person it is aimed at doesnt think its an insult, How can anyone else?
    #very easily
    *awaits someone to make sweeping generalisations/exagerrated examples*

Rb wrote: »
    Thaed, could you try and take the internet even more seriously? I'd love to see what would happen.

An implosion......

Seriously. What ever happened to using good judgement and having some common sense?

Im happy he is gone, he smelt like gone off mince
    Under no circumstances could that have been considered 'having a go' at another poster.

You are entitled to your opinion.

Rb wrote: »

PI is a serious forum.
    There are other places where I am far from serious, be glad I didn't join in your Thunderdrome thread :D

Well the consensus seems to be that it wasn't an insult/attack etc etc. Why not throw this thread open to a poll?

So Thaed, you still think this was a personal attack on Marksie?

All im asking is that you consider the facts and Marksie's own reaction.
    Considering you deleted the post without telling me and i did include a message in the second post saying i think something happened.

• Advertisement

The matter has been raised here it will be dicussed between the PI mods and reviewed.
    PI moderating decisions are not over turned by feedback polls.

castie I didn't delete the first post another PI who found it equally objectionable did.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement