Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfair Ban from PI

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Quality wrote: »
    Or maybe different rules for different posters...

That does happen to an extent I'm sure but I don't think this was the case. It was just a poor decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

well maybe somebody might come back and clear up for me whether the charter is law or guideline.:)

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

This topic sums up the post I made here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56004252&postcount=38

PI is going to go downhill. It's a shame, because it's been a very good forum for the past few months.

I honestly don't think Thaedydal should be a moderator, as she frequently misunderstands or fails to grasp what people are saying.

/No offence, just telling it as it is
    //I don't think I should be a moderator either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

well maybe somebody might come back and clear up for me whether the charter is law or guideline.:)

Thanks
    It's 110% forum dependent.

At the end of the day, it's up to the moderators to ensure the smooth operation of a forum, not the charter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

So why bother with a charter then?

• Advertisement

Thanks

+1

Confussed about this too ...

Gandalf23 wrote: »
    +1

Confussed about this too ...
    Did WWM not clarify your issue for you?

So why bother with a charter then?
    It outlines behaviour that disrupts the smooth running of a forum and therefore gives the users of the forum a guideline of what not to do, for doing so may result in punishment (which is completely at the moderators discretion).

Rb wrote: »
    Did WWM not clarify your issue for you?

How can this be clarified, when there are so many different interpretations of the charter and its purpose.

How can this be clarified, when there are so many different interpretations of the charter and its purpose.

I would like to hear from a mod or admin on what is the story with the charter please...

• Advertisement

WWM and Cult are both good guys and I accept what they explained in the other thread.

However, I'm not the only one questioning this. To be honest (and with the greatest respect to Cult and WWM who replied in the other thread) this is still not clear.

The AH charter specifically states ...
    "Posters who abuse others on here will be banned. Permanent bans will be handed out on a first offence if a moderator feels it is warranted. There is no argument on this one. Abuse someone and you will be banned. Calling someone an idiot is abuse. Don't attack the poster, attack the post. Posting PM's publicly without consent could be met with harsh consequences, especially if they do not have any place in the discussion."

But WWM replied to me in the other thread ...
    "consider the charter in AH to be a 'guideline', and that the mods decision will be absed on any number of things, including how much coffee hey have had today, how tired they are, and how fed up they are of your play acting ... AH doesnt operate on a clear cut black and white ruling. I fully support Dudess' decision."

So the charter clearly does not operate as its written, and the statement that "There is no argument on this one. Abuse someone and you will be banned" is not true as there is a great deal of discretion allowed to the mods as outlined by WWM.

I think that its important that this should be clarified. The AH charter is clearly not operating as its written. I my opinion its very important that the charter be fair to everyone, and (more importantly) be perceived to be fair to everyone, and that everyone is treated equally. It'll only cause problems if people think some are "more equal than others"...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

I think the real issue of this thread is the change of mods on PI. Its just one sexual deviant being replaced by another.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Thaed, could you try and take the internet even more seriously? I'd love to see what would happen.
    For starters, Finglas would disappear in a quantum singularity.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I'm a little confuzzled as to why you guys have mentioned the AH charter here for a second time. Each forum operates to it's own charter. It's simply not accurate to judge the PI charter to any other on boards.

I'm not being smart on this, but if I'm wrong please explain to me as I really can't see why other charters are being mentioned when we're discussing an incident from the PI forum.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Im wondering how it got this off track too.

also Thaed when can i expect a decision from the PI mod's whether this ban will be strickened.

WWM and Cult are both good guys and I accept what they explained in the other thread.

However, I'm not the only one questioning this. To be honest (and with the greatest respect to Cult and WWM who replied in the other thread) this is still not clear.

The AH charter specifically states ...
    "Posters who abuse others on here will be banned. Permanent bans will be handed out on a first offence if a moderator feels it is warranted. There is no argument on this one. Abuse someone and you will be banned. Calling someone an idiot is abuse. Don't attack the poster, attack the post. Posting PM's publicly without consent could be met with harsh consequences, especially if they do not have any place in the discussion."

But WWM replied to me in the other thread ...
    "consider the charter in AH to be a 'guideline', and that the mods decision will be absed on any number of things, including how much coffee hey have had today, how tired they are, and how fed up they are of your play acting ... AH doesnt operate on a clear cut black and white ruling. I fully support Dudess' decision."

So the charter clearly does not operate as its written, and the statement that "There is no argument on this one. Abuse someone and you will be banned" is not true as there is a great deal of discretion allowed to the mods as outlined by WWM.

I think that its important that this should be clarified. The AH charter is clearly not operating as its written. I my opinion its very important that the charter be fair to everyone, and (more importantly) be perceived to be fair to everyone, and that everyone is treated equally. It'll only cause problems if people think some are "more equal than others"...
    So you accept what they said, yet you haven't shut up and are still banging on about the same thing? Think about that for a moment.

So you accept what they said, yet you haven't shut up and are still banging on about the same thing? Think about that for a moment.

Arent you the guy who hoped a pregnant member of boards fell down the stairs and lost her baby a few weeks ago? Or am I mixing you up with someone else?

And arent you the one who replied to a poster (let me get the exact quote here... ) that "It'll be sweet when you eventually run yourself off the road, hit something and die really slowly, crying out for someone to help you yet noone will hear you. Society wil be so much better off. Lets just hope you don't have any offspring before it happens, or if you do, lets just hope they're in the car with you at the time."

Nice work there. A lot to be proud of. Especially the bit about the kids dying too.

Looks like I'm not the one who needs to shut up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Arent you the guy who hoped a pregnant member of boards fell down the stairs and lost her baby a few weeks ago? Or am I mixing you up with someone else?

And arent you the one who replied to a poster (let me get the exact quote here... ) that "It'll be sweet when you eventually run yourself off the road, hit something and die really slowly, crying out for someone to help you yet noone will hear you. Society wil be so much better off. Lets just hope you don't have any offspring before it happens, or if you do, lets just hope they're in the car with you at the time."

Nice work there. A lot to be proud of. Especially the bit about the kids dying too.

FFS easy now.
    muck raking isnt nice.

Oh yes, that is him alright....

Speaking about mwah..

Charming fellow he is...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Oh yes, that is him alright....

Speaking about mwah..

Charming fellow he is...

Ah now come on. That holier than thou attitude doesn't wash when you give as good as you get. not like it's put you off posting in the dome has it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

rolleyes.gif
    all we need now is degsy and the thunderdome can began.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Ah now come on. That holier than thou attitude doesn't wash when you give as good as you get. not like it's put you off posting in the dome has it?

As I said before, the things I say in the dome are in a light hearted manner, I have good relationships with the lads...

And we are not talking about the dome in the later part of gandalfs post we are talking about AH.

As I said before, the things I say in the dome are in a light hearted manner, I have good relationships with the lads...

And we are not talking about the dome in the later part of gandalfs post we are talking about AH.

Then why did you only quote the bit about the dome?

Then why did you only quote the bit about the dome?

What?:confused:

Yep, that's me. There was a huge thread about this in feedback, if you'd care to search for it, as there's no need to bring it up here.
    gandalf23 wrote:

Yup, trolling a troll. It was bold of me to do so, but I got punished and life goes on. There'd be an issue if he were an innocent and decent contributor to boards, but he's shown himself to be nothing short of a troll who's on the site purely to cause trouble, so really shouldn't be treated like any other poster.

I'm surprised you didn't spot his blatantly obvious trolling though, you have been here 3 years at this stage afterall.

Anyway, as I said, mods dealt with it and life goes on.
    Well, for most of us it does, some people just love to keep bringing up the past, eh? ;)

What?:confused:

Post 110. The only part of Gandalf's post you quoted was the bit about what happened in the dome. Not relevant to this discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,224 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I dunno to me elderberries would have sounded more humourous than old mince.

Yeah the double standards is quite funny but whatever. No need to bring back up that situation though as it has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Overheal wrote: »
    I dunno to me elderberries would have sounded more humourous than old mince.
    Which are smellier?

• Advertisement

Post 110. The only part of Gandalf's post you quoted was the bit about what happened in the dome. Not relevant to this discussion.

He asked a question, I answered it. Whats the problem with that?

I didnt bring it up in the thread he did.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement