Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfair Ban from PI

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

stovelid wrote: »
    Explain?

(Not fronting....just confused)
    when she got banned, when she made that comment she wasnt mod of pi.
    shes only just returned to mod pi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Nerin wrote: »
    when she got banned, when she made that comment she wasnt mod of pi.
    shes only just returned to mod pi.

No thanks for randy for using rollyeyes. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

^_^

hehehe stung :p

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Lol ... the rollyeyes wasn't directed at you, stovelid, it was directed at the brain-leech who had sneaked in in front of me again! :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

ffs
    11 pages on this crap.

I deleted the first comment.
    Instead of just leaving it, the OP decided to print it again.
    It was an unnecessary, offencive remark void of any kind of humour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

The OP wasn't told that it was deleted though so how were they meant to know? As far as they were concerned their comment never made it to the page hence it being posted again. A simple warning at the time of the initial deletion would have avoided all this.
    castie wrote: »
    I assumed something had gone wrong when i attempoted to post the first time as it didnt come up. I did say this in my post

something like

"(sorry if double post, my first doesnt seem to have appeared)"

I didnt receive any warnings or messages telling me that my post had infact been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Well i think the ban was way over the top. Choice of mod is bizzare as well, but that's not my business.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,220 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Beruthiel wrote: »
    ffs
    11 pages on this crap.

Only 4 pages if you're doing it right ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

ffs
    11 pages on this crap.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    The OP wasn't told that it was deleted though so how were they meant to know? As far as they were concerned their comment never made it to the page hence it being posted again. A simple warning at the time of the initial deletion would have avoided all this.

Indeed B. The poster was never told that their comment was deleted so you can't argue that they were banned because they decided to post it again. As Xavi says as far as they were concerned it didn't make it due to boards having the hiccups and the like.

Banning them for posting something twice when their first comment was deleted but not having told them it was deleted is unfair. If they had of been warned and then posted again that would be totally understandable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I have stated in the past that she lacks a sense of humour.
    Ha, women... :p [joke]

Yeah very harsh, I taught it was funny - even though I've an overactive sence of humour, especially as United won the Champions League!!! Get in! :D Sorry... but yeah never a banning.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Sorry.
    But I'm not here to hold peoples hands.
    If they don't have the cop on to understand when a comment it out of order, then they only have themselves to blame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Sorry, but that's a flippant comment if ever there was one. sites f*ck up, plenty of times i've gone to post a comment and not had it appear, it's not unreasonable for the OP to have assumed this was the case. if moderators don't express their actions to users properly how can a site be expected to function properly? how can the users even know what's expected of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Sorry.
    If they don't have the cop on to understand when a comment it out of order, then they only have themselves to blame.

I know you lot have to deal with a lot of sensitive topics in PI. But this was the one PI thread in ages where people (including the mods) took a break to chat, have a bit of banter, and say goodbye to Marksie. castie chose to do this in a funny way. Now can you and Thaed honestly say that you do not see the humour in telling someone, over the internet, that they smell like gone off mince?

In any other PI thread yes, it would have been "out of order" and castie should have had some "cop on" but can you not look at the comment in the context of the thread, i.e. good-humoured and banter-laden? From looking at castie's posting history it appears s/he has made many helpful posts in PI and would know not to mess around. Isn't is possible Thaed was just oblivious to the joke?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

mzamaol8wdjk9itle3z8.gif

Spankeh wrote: »

Far from it Spankeh, the thread seems to have veered back on topic quite nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Sorry, but that's a flippant comment if ever there was one.

The soccer feedback thread there last week got the same response.

Far from it Spankeh, the thread seems to have veered back on topic quite nicely.

Somehow as with all feedback threads I dont think it would last long.

Spankeh wrote: »
    Somehow as with all feedback threads I dont think it would last long.

Well you're contributions so far have hardly helped keep it on topic. Are you trying to take it off topic?

EDIT - So as not to create a new post and take the thread furthur off topic, that's no problem Spankeh.

Well you're contributions so far have hardly helped keep it on topic. Are you trying to take it off topic?

No, but can you please keep this thread on topic now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

togster wrote: »
    Choice of mod is bizzare as well, but that's not my business.

Really ? cos before I stepped down from PI at the start of January I had been modding PI for over 3 years.

That people might gloss over the cut n' paste charter warning if PI mods seem to?

I was not a PI mod when I posted a musical comment and go banned from it, I was an ordinary poster as per how this site is run and got censored
    for the comment like anyone would.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Really ? cos before I stepped down from PI at the start of January I had been modding PI for over 3 years.

Oh Sh!t hadn't realised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Thaedydal wrote: »
    I was not a PI mod when I posted a musical comment and go banned from it, I was an ordinary poster as per how this site is run and got censored
    for the comment like anyone would.

Wasn't aware of this. My bad.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

ffs
    11 pages on this crap.

I didnt "decide" to post it "again".

i even said it in the post that i was sorry if this was a repost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

You posted it, it was deleted, you posted it again mentioning that you had posted it once. What part of that isn't deciding to post again?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

You posted it, it was deleted, you posted it again mentioning that you had posted it once. What part of that isn't deciding to post again?

He obviously thought it was an error and that is why the post did not show up, so he was posting for the first time from his perspective.

I think we've all posted to boards before only for the page to have timed out. So he posted it the second time UNAWARE that it had been deleted and even apolgised if it was a repost.

How hard is this to grasp? The chap wasn't aware that his post had been deleted. He posted it the second time because he thought the first hadn't 'reached' boards if you will.

He obviously thought it was an error and that is why the post did not show up, so he was posting for the first time from his perspective.

Even Tar understands this. :p

Fair enough. But I usually wait to see if my show in the body of the thread before assuming that they timed out (they won't if it does).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Fair enough. But I usually wait to see if my show in the body of the thread before assuming that they timed out (they won't if it does).

which in this case it wouldn't have because it was deleted...

• Advertisement

which in this case it wouldn't have because it was deleted...
    Straight after posting it will. The page has to refresh, meaning it got to the database.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement