Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

why was my thread removed?

Options
  • 21-05-2008 3:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

the thread I made about my dog in AH? it wasn't breaking any rules.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

trolls are funny up to the point where they fight it in feedback. It was amusing. Its just lame now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Jog On Cnut

FuzzyLogic wrote: »
    trolls are funny up to the point where they fight it in feedback. It was amusing. Its just lame now.

what are you talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

the thread I made about my dog in AH? it wasn't breaking any rules.

Now if it had of been about a lovely horse it might have been left alone.

They can't just remove it and not tell me why, there has to be some accountability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

They can't just remove it and not tell me why, there has to be some accountability.

Ahahahahahahahahahahah.................ahhahahahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahaahahhaa!!!!!! Seriously tits or gtfo!!!!!!

• Advertisement

It's a privately owned site, you're a guest here. Have you paid for the privilage?

It's a privately owned site, you're a guest here. Have you paid for the privilage?

I'm a stakeholder at this site and its in their interests to keep me happy. If people stop posting here they will no longer get any money from advertising and the site will have to close.

I'm a stakeholder at this site and its in their interests to keep me happy. If people stop posting here they will no longer get any money from advertising and the site will have to close.

***Snigger*** - ***Snigger*** - ***Snigger***

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I'm a stakeholder at this site and its in their interests to keep me happy.

Let the pics begin

Bush_O_RLY.jpg

so which mod removed the thread? At least have the bollocks to admit it whoever did it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Best you call an EGM so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I'm a stakeholder at this site and its in their interests to keep me happy.

post-108813-1136869006.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Seriously,

your thread can be removed by a mod or admin without the a reason being given. Mods and admins will usually give a reason out of courtesy but in all fairness AH is a very busy forum and mods of AH are usually stretched trying to keep things ticking over and getting on with their own life / trying not to get fired for modding boards all day.

this is a privately owned site and no, you do not have a *right* to a reason for removal of material. you can , however, PM your Mod and ASK why it was removed. If you are polite you may even get a reply. (I havent seen the original thread so I cant comment on any possible reason myself, but AH mods are generally non-judgemental and fair in their assessments so I am positive they had good reason).

As you say, you are a registered user. you are not a subscriber so you do not own a stake in boards.ie. behave , play by the rules, possibly subscribe and/or eventually when you devote time , energy and effort to modding you can claim some right to special treatment but if thats the reason for modding then you're most likely not going to get promoted to that position in the first place.... ah, I wonder why its only the viscious circles that get publicity.....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I'd just like to confirm that I do, in fact, have a hard on for this guy.

Thank you and good day.

funny-pictures-bird-window-fail.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

FUNNIER.jpg

Just thought it might be funnier upside down.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

But if the mods keep deleting your threads, you'll keep creating bizarre complaint threads in feedback. There's an advertisment bar at the top, so everytime someone enters this thread. those adverts are seen. And since so many people come here to laugh at you, they're racking in the cash for the cocaine and hooker parties.

So it's in their best interests that they delete your threads. QED.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Not so chief, sure I'll discuss football there, but theres so many assholes about here who for some reason get really wound up by my presence, so I think I'll stick around for another while yet.
    From here

Troll is right. He's stated the only reason he's going to stick around is to wind people up, so any post/thread he makes can and should be considered trolling/arsing about and I'm looking forward to his removal.

LoLth wrote: »
    Seriously,

your thread can be removed by a mod or admin without the a reason being given. Mods and admins will usually give a reason out of courtesy but in all fairness AH is a very busy forum and mods of AH are usually stretched trying to keep things ticking over and getting on with their own life / trying not to get fired for modding boards all day.

this is a privately owned site and no, you do not have a *right* to a reason for removal of material. you can , however, PM your Mod and ASK why it was removed. If you are polite you may even get a reply. (I havent seen the original thread so I cant comment on any possible reason myself, but AH mods are generally non-judgemental and fair in their assessments so I am positive they had good reason).

As you say, you are a registered user. you are not a subscriber so you do not own a stake in boards.ie. behave , play by the rules, possibly subscribe and/or eventually when you devote time , energy and effort to modding you can claim some right to special treatment but if thats the reason for modding then you're most likely not going to get promoted to that position in the first place.... ah, I wonder why its only the viscious circles that get publicity.....

I don't know who the mod was. How do I find out? It should be policy that if a thread is removed that the OP is informed why, or else how are we supposed to know what we have done wrong and therefore not do the same thing again.

I'm a user of boards, therefore that makes me a stakeholder (not a shareholder, theres a difference) regardless of whether I subscribe or not. Boards relies on good honest people like me to keep the place going.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

FuzzyLogic wrote: »

funny-pictures-troll-car-hating.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

LoLth wrote: »
    I havent seen the original thread so I cant comment on any possible reason myself

Here you go (sorry, mods only). It's impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Zaph wrote: »
    Here you go (sorry, mods only). It's mpressive.

This has all been one big tease!!

Rb wrote: »
    From here

Troll is right. He's stated the only reason he's going to stick around is to wind people up, so any post/thread he makes can and should be considered trolling/arsing about and I'm looking forward to his removal.

I don't stick around just to wind people up, I come here for lively debate, banter and a bit of craic. The fact that some people come out in a rash just be looking at my username is just an added bonus really. Oh and I'll be keeping a close eye on your posts from now on, if you ever step out of line, I'll be there to complain. You were lucky not to get banned the other day for the personal insults you directed at the person in AH, but you mightn't be so lucky in future if you keep that sort of thing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

9cff8fcf096445a3052c9bd99f8c5db6.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I don't stick around just to wind people up, I come here for lively debate, banter and a bit of craic. The fact that some people come out in a rash just be looking at my username is just an added bonus really. Oh and I'll be keeping a close eye on your posts from now on, if you ever step out of line, I'll be there to complain. You were lucky not to get banned the other day for the personal insults you directed at the person in AH, but you mightn't be so lucky in future if you keep that sort of thing up.

funny-pictures-police-guinnea-pig.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

O ffs, finished work and a good thread to barrage with pictures :( .

Ah well, tomorrow is a another day.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Wasn't me, but I'm guessing the fact that it was a completely ridiculous thread (even by AH standards) is the reason it was deleted.
    I could check who deleted it, but I'm not going to.

Terry wrote: »
    I could check who deleted it, but I'm not going to.

hope I'm as powerful as you someday *sniggers*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

funny-pictures-mush-cat.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement