Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Script

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 The Script Fan

The Script are one of the best bands i've ever heard! I have their album and i love every song especially breakeven and the man who can't be moved! :D Does anyone know if any of their gigs are not over 18? I desperately want to go!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 mulville92

the script r effing ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 43,936 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Must coin in and say I'm absolutely loving their album!

** thumbs up **

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I'm liking We Cry and The Man Who Can't Be Moved.

Dman001 wrote: »
    I'm liking We Cry and The Man Who Can't Be Moved.
    Was sure it'd be cack, but the album is pretty damn consistent.. very impressed I must say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Have heard the album a couple of times now and really like!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

I have to say I really like that "Man who cant be moved" song

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

I think they have absolutely huge potential stateside. I can see The Man Who Can't Be Moved being an absolute smash over there.

Fair play :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

My 15 year old sister is pretty obsessed with them, so I've had to hear the album a few times by proxy. It's pure ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Im likin der album :)

Cant wait to see them live
    m83 wrote: »
    I think they have absolutely huge potential stateside. I can see The Man Who Can't Be Moved being an absolute smash over there.

Fair play :)

Yeah, they're very "USA friendly"

Mark sings in a more American way
    [not just the accent, but choice of words etc]

and their videos were filmed over there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭30txsbzmcu2k9w

No way are they better than Republic of Loose.
    However i must admit i haven't heard the full album yet but what i've heard on the radio and seen on telly I'm not convinced.

oH dear jesus. words escape me.
    You lot should have soldering irons shoved in your ears.
    The Script (boyband) or Republic of Loose? Best Irish band!? I MEAN WTF!??
    This thread is a bad bad place.

oH dear jesus. words escape me.
    You lot should have soldering irons shoved in your ears.
    The Script (boyband) or Republic of Loose? Best Irish band!? I MEAN WTF!??
    This thread is a bad bad place.
    People are entitled to their own opinion..

Believe it or not but I'd imagine someone out there doesn't like the same bands you do - shocking I know! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

Brilliant band, amazing album.

Seen them live twice,

Quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Someone has been messing with their Wikipedia entry:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Script_(band)

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭SarahJ

I'm lovin them. The album is great, not very long, but every song is good.

Where are they from? One of them sounds real posh, one doesn't, and ones in between

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭tinz18

MarkN wrote: »
    Jaysus it was going so well.. what did they have to come out with that bull for??

Vocals on Man Who Can't Be Moved sounds very like Sting!

I've been playing them on radio since March, good to see everyone else is following now seeing as we're always being accused of "not doing our bit". ;)

Have you heard "Rusty Halo" from their album? I was thinking Sting when i listened to that one...maybe its just me though:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭brown-dog

I have really started to get into them too. Fair play to them. I thought they may have been manufactured but they seem to have put in the hard work.

Take a look at the singer in this interview - he is so happy and excited about shooting in Whelan's :)

http://www.muzu.tv/thescript/the-script-interview-making-of/37966

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Yes but he is OFF for the summer, his usual 3 month summer break:rolleyes:.You cant expect him to be working all the time, expecially when you consider the pittance he earns:DI'm sure they'll be the first band on when pat is back in september

Ba dom dum tch!!!There we go:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 oxoxnicolaoxox

so.....ressurecting this thread to let the ppl that are fans on this thread and if they are into drumming....the drummer with the script Glen Power is offering his drum kit in a youtube competition:
    Glen is offering the most die hard fans a chance to win his very first drumkit... the drumkit he learned how to play on! This is a once in a lifetime chance to get an amazing piece of Script memorabilia.

All you have to do us videotape yourself drumming.... on anything.... pots and pans, a table, a window, a friends head :) Be as creative as you can.... you don't have to be a drummer, just make a fun and memorable video! Glen will personally pick his favorite and they will be rewarded with his drumkit!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,879 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Well they have got their first UK singles No. 1 with Hall of Fame

What is everyone's thoughts on the new third album #3?

I like it not as good as their debut for me though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭FionnK86

They're coming back to Ireland soon on tour, got to say with the tunes they make it'll be a sell out for sure:D

Tickets are only like €40

• Registered Users Posts: 5 hankfitz

I really hate that new song, Hall of Fame.

It probably has something to do with that rapper, William or Will.1A.M. or whatever he calls himself

Advertisement